What's new

***NEW*** Proraso Red with Sandalwood Oil and Shea Butter

Very nice writeup Marco! I know scents are a ymmv type of deal, but would you describe this version of sandalwood as a modern scent or like an old barbershop scent? How does the scent compare to the three T's or AOS?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gents, I shaved with this fantastic cream other two times and I confirm my initial thoughts. The new Proraso Red is an all-round winner. Its scent is strong, intense and, in my opinion, unique. This great Sandalwood is definitely growing on me.

Hello Marco! I recieved the Prorsao Sandalwood just the other day. I have tried it just once and need to try it a couple of more times before i can tell you what i think about it.

When i used it.. well, good shave, no problems att all. But i believe that i was a little to exited about the fragrance.

Wow... Ive gotta give this a go. Are there any B&B vendors that carry it? Might as well keep it in house.

Another thread just said that Italian Barber will have it soon. If I can find the thread, I'll edit and link.

Ugh, I haven't tried Proraso yet and this just means I'm going to have to try both versions now! :D I love sandalwood, but I'm thinking menthol might be the way to go in the summer.

Thanks for the review, Marco!

$proraso.jpg

I received my tube from the UK seller the other day.. This is indeed fantastic stuff...

Can't wait for this stuff. SWMBO isn't crazy about the mint smell of regular proraso/bigelow but I absolutely love the performance. Hopefully ItalianBarber gets this stuff soon! I wonder if B&BW will carry this in store as a bigelow product next to the greenies?

Just shaved with the new Proraso "Red", and I agree with Marco. Solid performer and the sandalwood is more of a real scent, much earthier than most perfumed sandalwoods we are all used to. Easy to lather and great cushion and glide, just what you expect from a Proraso product.

THANK YOU PRORASO!!!

I have been using the Bigelow variant and absolutely love the performance. Neutral about the scent.

Just got mine in the mail from McGuires Barbershop and it is like Proraso fixed their product. The scent is great and the test later I did was absolutely better in everyway. It really feels creamy and stable for how wet it was. I keep smelling my skin - so excited to shave eventhough I need to take a day off..

... Solid performer and the sandalwood is more of a real scent, much earthier than most perfumed sandalwoods we are all used to...

This is really exciting news! I prefer the earthier sandalwood scents to the prefumed ones. T&H sandalwood used to be one of my favorite shaving creams, until they changed the scent to the current prefumy version.

So excited for the New Proraso to hit Canada Shelves but Ill have to wait awhile to it finally gets here.

Top Bottom