What's new

***NEW*** Proraso Red with Sandalwood Oil and Shea Butter

Mine arrived today so looking forward to tomorrow's shave. Come down with a cold so scent is going to be pretty much out of it for a couple of days.

First shave this morning with the red and very impressed. The lather is slick and protective with a great after feel. Like I said above, my opinion of the scent will have to wait a little longer since I can't smell a thing at the moment due to a cold.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
First shave this morning with the red and very impressed. The lather is slick and protective with a great after feel. Like I said above, my opinion of the scent will have to wait a little longer since I can't smell a thing at the moment due to a cold.

Glad to hear, my friend. :001_smile

Just finished my second shave with this shaving cream: I really like the lather, it's slick and protective

The scent? It is quite "different"...it does not smell like sandalwood to me, very different from all the other sandalwood creams I have tested...I really did not like it during the first shave, I could accept it during the second shave...maybe I'll start to like it during my third shave ;)

As soon as I get mine (should be any day now) I'll pop in and describe the scent. I know sandal in all its iterations, so I'll see what Proraso went with. I'm actually eager to sample it.

So excited for the New Proraso to hit Canada Shelves but Ill have to wait awhile to it finally gets here.

hopefully Shoppers Drug Mart will stock it after they get rid of the current line (which may be a while, not sure how fast if moves off their shelves)

Want to try, but lots of "hated the scent" comments are popping up. anyone care to describe the scent?

i read in another thread, it smelled like Peanut butter & leather....does NOT sound good to me, no matter how well it performs.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gents, scents are always a very subjective matter, as most wet shaving related things. The only way to actually know if you like a particular scent in a shaving cream or soap it is to try that cream or soap by yourself. That said, the new Proraso Red for both scent and performance is a winner in my books.

I just got some today and tried it out. It kind of smells similar to AOS Sandalwood IMO. I got a lot better lather out of it than the regular original Proraso. Overall I like it. Really slick and nice protection. :thumbup1:

...the new Red.... is fantastic....

...... i agree, the post shave feel is great....... it leaves the skin feeling smooth and moist...

Just got it here at work, so could only check out the scent...lovely. And the tube is going to be showing up in a lot of SOTD posts, I predict. Very old school.

Top Bottom