What's new

Muhle R41,The combined thread

What are you doing with the R41?

• I used it, I didnt like it, Im getting rid of it

• I used it, I liked it, Im keeping it

• I used it, it cut me and/or irritated me, but the jury is still out

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi ,

Any USA vendor has it in stock the new 2011 R41? I think after this thread started it went out of stock :). Checked WCS and lees razors. If you see it in stock please post a link here. Would like to buy.

dayum Whisker you beat me to the punch

To be fair I obsessed over it for quite a while so I had a pretty good idea of just about all of the vendors that carried it (both in the US and in Europe), you've been incredibly helpful to the board in every single post I've seen from you so I figured it was just a matter of time before you posted it:001_smile

Incidentally, I picked mine up from NKD MAN out of the UK, I haven't seen much mentioned of them on the boards, but I was incredibly pleased by the whole experience, the shipping was quick, the price was great, they took off the VAT for US customers, and it was one of the most responsive companies I've ever seen when I had questions, I had a response to all emails I sent them within 10 minutes (sometimes within 1 minute). I had planned to pick up the R41 from "the Connaught", but NKD MAN had the best price on the new Muhle synthetic brush, so I figured I'd go ahead and get both at the same time.

Mine is in way from the very same people..... Never ordered from them before but am in the uk and got free shipping so hope to have it in the next few days! Im a bit apprehensive, relatively new to the de world but looking for an aggressive shave that can get dine in one or two passes! Usually use a 38c barberpole but my stubble is too thick! So have gone back to the futur and been cranking it up to get used to the aggressiveness!

To be fair I obsessed over it for quite a while so I had a pretty good idea of just about all of the vendors that carried it (both in the US and in Europe), you've been incredibly helpful to the board in every single post I've seen from you so I figured it was just a matter of time before you posted it:001_smile

Incidentally, I picked mine up from NKD MAN out of the UK, I haven't seen much mentioned of them on the boards, but I was incredibly pleased by the whole experience, the shipping was quick, the price was great, they took off the VAT for US customers, and it was one of the most responsive companies I've ever seen when I had questions, I had a response to all emails I sent them within 10 minutes (sometimes within 1 minute). I had planned to pick up the R41 from "the Connaught", but NKD MAN had the best price on the new Muhle synthetic brush, so I figured I'd go ahead and get both at the same time.

Mine is in way from the very same people..... Never ordered from them before but am in the uk and got free shipping so hope to have it in the next few days! Im a bit apprehensive, relatively new to the de world but looking for an aggressive shave that can get dine in one or two passes! Usually use a 38c barberpole but my stubble is too thick! So have gone back to the futur and been cranking it up to get used to the aggressiveness!

I'd be surprised if it even took a few days, when I ordered from them it was in the post within an hour of placing my order, quite impressive really. If you're looking for agressiveness I think you'll be pleased, don't try to push it and get it done in one pass at first stick with at least two, In fact just to play it safe you may want to stick with just WTG and then XTG at first just because of the steep learning curve with this razor.

Yes, it's a great site for shaving...did you see their new forums? http://www.nkdman.co.uk/forum/

Thanks. Ordered one. This is the new 2011 right?
Yes, new one 2011
So far it's like 99.9 approved by B&B members so far.....That's a good thing:001_smile

I'd be surprised if it even took a few days, when I ordered from them it was in the post within an hour of placing my order, quite impressive really. If you're looking for agressiveness I think you'll be pleased, don't try to push it and get it done in one pass at first stick with at least two, In fact just to play it safe you may want to stick with just WTG and then XTG at first just because of the steep learning curve with this razor.
Cool info, It is being observed and used by our members as a reference and critic guide.

I got one, but it is in a 12 razor rotation. It definitely is an aggressive razor. A lot of attention to detail is called for. It'll bit you in a heartbeat. But at the same time, it has the potential to give a very close gratifying shave. I’ve been bit and I’ve been pleased with the results. Not sure if I would have it as my only razor, but I can see why people like it.

Great DE - gives me great shaves.
Thank to you guys i throw away the gillete mach 3 .
Any more precise info, such as technique or closeness of shaves compared to other razors, if not thanks anyway.
Just grabbed one off of the BST. Looking forward to giving it a whirl.
Pleas do not hesitate to post your reviews.:wink2:
I got one, but it is in a 12 razor rotation. It definitely is an aggressive razor. A lot of attention to detail is called for. It'll bit you in a heartbeat. But at the same time, it has the potential to give a very close gratifying shave. I’ve been bit and I’ve been pleased with the results. Not sure if I would have it as my only razor, but I can see why people like it.
Is there any reason why you wont accept it wholeheartedly if it shaves you so close, is the bad outweighing the good? Maybe give it more adjustment time since you do have it in a rotation which may require some adjusting due to your other razors.

Last edited:
Is there any reason why you wont accept it wholeheartedly if it shaves you so close, is the bad outweighing the good? Maybe give it more adjustment time since you do have it in a rotation which may require some adjusting due to your other razors.

Couldn't agree with this more, I definitely have to make sure I'm incredibly conscious of technique not only when I use the R41, but also when I go from using the R41 to using something else. Because you're not getting the same feedback from the R41 with most other razors the tendency is to err in the opposite direction and give too much pressure with other razors if you've gotten used to the R41.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I purchased one off the BST, tried it for a few shaves, and decided to sell it. Then, regretted my decision, and purchase another off the BST. Using excessively for a week now and gotta say, it is a really fine shaver.

So have we convinced you or what?

And why Muhle r41? is it the best modern razor out there today? All I hear is R41 all the time, who has one and swear by it, I am about to buy one and don't want to have the same ole razor with a different name. R41 users please stand up!

Top Bottom