What's new

Lose Five Pounds of FAT With Us This Month!

TheShaun

Bejeweled
i'll join late. started at 166lbs. would like to be at 160 by the end of the month. Could be tough. Going away for 4 days, so eating out every meal and may not work out and of course xmas time....

Well i was laid out with a GI virus for almost 2 weeks. I lost about 8 pounds. now i just have to keep it off.

Congrats to those who have implemented an exercise regimen and are eating well! I need to lose fat, but I'm also following a power lifting type lifting program and not strictly monitoring my food intake (that will change). So, I have a question for those trying to lose fat - are y'all focused on losing pounds or losing fat even though it may not translate to lost pounds? If it's fat, how do you monitor fat loss? I suck at checking with calipers and am curious to learn how others do it.

I lost six pounds last month! New month, same goal of losing five pounds of fat by exercising and eating healthy.

Nice work! I'm down 3 lbs, but I've been going up & down a few lbs each week so it may not be real progress yet. Been working out at least 30 minutes each day for the last 3 weeks though and feel better. Just need to watch my food intake a bit more.

I have been working with a dietician for the last two years. I have lost seventy pounds, within 20 lbs of my goal now. I go to the fitness five days a week. M-F I take a 45 min. Yoga class, 20 min., on the treadmill, 45 min. Arthritis water class, On Tues., and Thrus. , a half hour Senior Strength Class, then 30 min., working the machine. We have an active, Basset that likes to explore I walk her several times a day.
This morning's weight was 203.

I lost six pounds last month! New month, same goal of losing five pounds of fat by exercising and eating healthy.

congrats Noah! You are really doing great. I've lost 14.5 pounds since November 1st, and certainly can appreciate the discipline it is taking for you to achieve your goals. Keep up the good work!

Nice work! I'm down 3 lbs, but I've been going up & down a few lbs each week so it may not be real progress yet. Been working out at least 30 minutes each day for the last 3 weeks though and feel better. Just need to watch my food intake a bit more.

congrats Noah! You are really doing great. I've lost 14.5 pounds since November 1st, and certainly can appreciate the discipline it is taking for you to achieve your goals. Keep up the good work!

Thanks fellas!

Congrats to those who have implemented an exercise regimen and are eating well! I need to lose fat, but I'm also following a power lifting type lifting program and not strictly monitoring my food intake (that will change). So, I have a question for those trying to lose fat - are y'all focused on losing pounds or losing fat even though it may not translate to lost pounds? If it's fat, how do you monitor fat loss? I suck at checking with calipers and am curious to learn how others do it.

In the past I focused on weight and body fat using an electronic scale, but that seemed to be short term goal oriented and I'd always fall off the wagon. Lately I've tried to be more focused on the process: Eat better and exercise regularly. Obviously if I do this then the results should follow. I'm trying to improve it bit by bit and day by day rather than saying "Ok it's Day 1 and I'll work out for at least an hour and eat really clean and light all day with no exceptions until I lose 20 lbs!". That would be great and I could do that for awhile, but then something will get me off it.

Currently I aim for 2 out of 3 meals to be really clean & healthy and I don't worry so much about the 3rd one. Also I try to get at least 30 min of exercise each day. So far it seems to be working and relatively easy to maintain. As this becomes a new lifestyle for me I'll slowly try to improve the process a little at a time. Substitute in more healthy foods, get a bit more exercise, eat less junk, etc. If I improve everything even 1% each week then it will all add up in the long run. At least that's the theory! Going exercise and diet crazy for a month or so at a time really didn't work for me (at least not long term) so why not try something new?

Lately I've tried to be more focused on the process: Eat better and exercise regularly. Obviously if I do this then the results should follow. I'm trying to improve it bit by bit.

Currently I aim for 2 out of 3 meals to be really clean & healthy and I don't worry so much about the 3rd one. Also I try to get at least 30 min of exercise each day. So far it seems to be working and relatively easy to maintain. As this becomes a new lifestyle for me I'll slowly try to improve the process a little at a time. Substitute in more healthy foods, get a bit more exercise, eat less junk, etc. If I improve everything even 1% each week then it will all add up in the long run. At least that's the theory! Going exercise and diet crazy for a month or so at a time really didn't work for me (at least not long term) so why not try something new?

Kevin- you really hit the nail on the head. It's not a magic fix- it's a lifestyle change, and you are doing amazing. Show up, push play every day and change your eating habits. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You have a great attitude and certainly know what you need to be successful- which I have no doubt you shall be. Good job sir!

The month of March is a chance for a new beginning! Reset your goals and begin a fresh start of losing five pounds of fat by the end of this month.

I lost about 12 lbs in about a month and a few days after finding out i had high cholesterol (im only 19 btw) i didnt have any visible fat just some spread fat and helped get me cut im kinda happy I was diagnosed with it since I have been eating as healthy as i can. i used to eat the worst foods lol being a college student and all. now to gain back the weight in muscle

I lost about 12 lbs in about a month and a few days after finding out i had high cholesterol (im only 19 btw) i didnt have any visible fat just some spread fat and helped get me cut im kinda happy I was diagnosed with it since I have been eating as healthy as i can. i used to eat the worst foods lol being a college student and all. now to gain back the weight in muscle

How did you lose the fat?

Oops I thought I said that. I went on a extremely low saturated fat and cholesterol diet basically only meat I ate was chicken and fish drank 2% milk no mayo etc anything with a good amount of saturated fat and/or cholesterol was gone. I wanted to do some walking/running but it was too cold outside

Oops I thought I said that. I went on a extremely low saturated fat and cholesterol diet basically only meat I ate was chicken and fish drank 2% milk no mayo etc anything with a good amount of saturated fat and/or cholesterol was gone. I wanted to do some walking/running but it was too cold outside

Well done and keep it up!

well done and congrats!

I guess I'm in for the month of April, my goal is to lose 5 LBS, and walk 50 miles, thats 80 K. for you young guys.
I joined this thread a few months back and lost the 5LBS, but as soon as I dropped my guard, I put that 5 LBs back on plus another 5.
Somebody said it could be the Cherry Cheese Cakes, but I don't think so.

The month of April is a chance for a new beginning! Reset your goals and begin a fresh start of losing five pounds of fat by the end of this month.

Top Bottom