What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

Fatip Piccolo Astra SP (8)
Omega S
WSP Mahogany
Avon Spicy
DSCF0020.JPG

Anyone here that shaves the head with a r41? I got a nice deal on one so I bought and I will try it in the future. Still considering myself a beginner when it comes to wetshaving&headshaving so want a bit more experience before I go for it.

On topic: Had a nice shave this morning, first morning headshave.
Merkur 34c HD
Personna Lab blue (3)
Poraso White preshave
Poraso Green shavingcream
Dapper Dan Deluxe aftershave

Anyone here that shaves the head with a r41?

No and I never will.

I get BBS face and head shaves from razors with less blade exposure than the R41 and are a lot safer. It's going to be night and day from the 34C.

It's not about a lot of blade exposure for a good shave, it's about enough blade exposure and a rigid blade edge.

No and I never will.

I get BBS face and head shaves from razors with less blade exposure than the R41 and are a lot safer. It's going to be night and day from the 34C.

It's not about a lot of blade exposure for a good shave, it's about enough blade exposure and a rigid blade edge.

Yeah, I just picked it up since it was dirt cheap. 50% off. As I said I might use it in te future but not atm :)

Anyone here that shaves the head with a r41? I got a nice deal on one so I bought and I will try it in the future. Still considering myself a beginner when it comes to wetshaving&headshaving so want a bit more experience before I go for it.

There's plenty of us. I waited until I had been wet shaving the head for about 6 months before I tried it though.

Giessen & Forsthoff
Polsilver Super Iridium
Jan Zoethout custom synthetic
Stirling Peach
De Vergulde Hand ASB
Speick AS

A very fine shave for face and scalp.

IMG_20170307_183904378.jpg

Flare Tip Super Speed
Voskhod (1st shave)
B&B Essential Boar
TOBS Eton College
Captain's Choice Cat o' 9 Tails

+1
I find the FTSS about middle of the road in terms of aggression; and as I look at the head vs. some of my other razors (Slim, Fatboy, New Improved and a few others), the FTSS has considerably more curve to the blade - increasing rigidity and the angle of attack in relation to the safety bar.

That said, I thoroughly enjoy using my more aggressive razors when I have a bit more time to devote to my dome in the morning. Conversely, I have a Feather travel razor that is far too mild for my tastes, and almost always has me going to the alum afterwards.

+1
the FTSS has considerably more curve to the blade - increasing rigidity and the angle of attack in relation to the safety bar.

^^^^^^^ I find the no date code TTO's to be better then later ones in this reguard.

Gillette increases the blade gap on the later ones and lost that perfect ATG slicing action and feel that I like. No by much, but enough.

Edit...

I'll use an aggressive razor when my blade has around 20 face and 20 head shaves on it if I want to keep the blade going.

Last edited:
Windrose
Polsilver Super Iridium
Omega 10019
Proraso white
Cien ASB

A very fine headshave once again.
Used the Windrose razor for more grip, and it worked excellent.

Funny that the cooling sensation of this soap was not noticable at all for me on my scalp.

DFS.

IMG_20170309_181449599_HDR.jpg

....aaaaaand there goes my RAD again! :lol:

Here's a close up of a British 3rd generation Aristocrat junior on the left and a US 48-50 Aristocrat on the right. Both are favorites, smooth and efficient, with a slight edge going to the US in efficiency, more noticeable with a seasoned blade.

Two mandolin slicers right here.

tmp_21313-20170104_192943-1864078926.jpg

Windrose
Polsilver Super Iridum
Nivea créme preshave
Omega 10019
Wilkinson Sword
De Vergulde Hand ASB

Great shave once again.

IMG_20170312_182348744.jpg

I decided to try my Muhle R89 again and I feel most comfortable with that one. Really nice shave yesterday with it. I also tested a new shaving cream, Captain Fawcett Expedition. I normally really like Captain Fawcett but the shaving cream I am not 100% sure about yet.

'58 Flare Tip Astra SP (13)

I've been using this razor for the last few days, and really loving it. I think I'm even going to call today's shave a true BBS.

Something I've recently discovered, and some of you probably already know this. I've found for the back of the head I get a closer easier shave if I bring my chin all the way down and touch it to my chest. This really stretches the skin out. I think I never discovered this because I usually already have lather on my neck. My beard is a little over 5 inches long now and I've pretty much abandoned the neck line, just a little cleanup once a week or so.

'58 Flare Tip Astra SP (13)

I've been using this razor for the last few days, and really loving it. I think I'm even going to call today's shave a true BBS.

Something I've recently discovered, and some of you probably already know this. I've found for the back of the head I get a closer easier shave if I bring my chin all the way down and touch it to my chest. This really stretches the skin out. I think I never discovered this because I usually already have lather on my neck. My beard is a little over 5 inches long now and I've pretty much abandoned the neck line, just a little cleanup once a week or so.

I noticed the exact same thing yesterday with the back of my head. :)
Still not really satisfied with my r89. But I like it more than my 34c :)

Top Bottom