What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

Something I've recently discovered, and some of you probably already know this. I've found for the back of the head I get a closer easier shave if I bring my chin all the way down and touch it to my chest. This really stretches the skin out. I think I never discovered this because I usually already have lather on my neck.

Agreed. This is required if you aren't a skin stretcher.

Windrose
Polsilver Super Iridium
Jan Zoethout custom synthetic
Gladjakkers shaving cream
Cien ASB

Another fine (head)shave with this new Dutch shaving cream.
Used less water to create the lather which gave a thicker, yoghurty lather.

DFS.

IMG_20170314_174945344.jpg

Flare Tip Super Speed
Voskhod
B&B Essential Boar
Speick
Pinaud Clubman

I know my shave was smooth when I can surf immediately after and not have my head light on fire. :bayrum2:

15 head and 15 face shaves on an Astra SS... Been using it in a NEW SC since shave 10. The blade is extremely smooth and I only use the SC with a seasoned blade these days...

Are there any differences between soaps and creams for headshaving? I mean, you use a bit more of a cream perhaps than soap when you have more area to cover. I got a soap for free due to awesome customer support from Captain Fawcett and I will try this sometime in the near future.
First I will try the R41 though, I get decent shaves from my r89 but it seems like I need to alot of passes and that sometimes leaves my skin irritated. I get none if just do a okay-ish shave but since I like a really smooth finish I have to do more passes than I would like..

Yesterdays shave was with my Muhle R89 & PErsonna Lab blue (5)

Windrose
Personna Super (1)
Nivea créme preshave
Proraso/Omega boar
Proraso red
Hema Shea Butter ASB

The headshaves are going very well and just about all of them without any nicks.

My first shave with a Personna blade I think, and it was very good.
Curious to see how many shaves I will get out of it.

After two passes I can still feel some stuble...
I'm already thinking about getting a slightly more effective/agressive razor.
Any suggestions for a headshave razor?

The Nivea créme does a great job as a preshave and de Hema ASB finishes things off nicely.

DFS.

IMG_20170316_190718833.jpg

After two passes I can still feel some stuble...
I'm already thinking about getting a slightly more effective/agressive razor.
Any suggestions for a headshave razor?

I use mild/efficient razors, with a fresh blade, it takes at least 4 passes. 48-50 Aristocrat or Postwar Tech.

It takes me more than two passes to get BBS results with any razor.

I apply lather twice, I go over every area twice WTG with the first lather. I go over every area ATG as many strokes as it takes with the second lather application to get BBS results. There's allot of residual glide that I use. My dome can take it with the razors I use.

A more aggressive razor doesn't work for my technique.

Today was the day of my best shave so far. No irritation and just slight sting from the alun block. One little cut in the back of my head due to carlesness, then again this was my first shave with r41. Personna lab blue blades and a lot less passes. With this razor it actually felt like it wasdoing something on my wtg and xtg passes. Also a quick ATG to finnish off with a DFS. Soo close to a BBS, but that little cut destroyed that :)
Next buy will be a better handle, when I allow myself or find a good deal for one.

Windrose
Personna Super
Razorock Plissoft
Stirling Peach
De Vergulde Hand ASB

A very fine shave.

How can you go wrong with this soap?

DFS.

proxy.php

That's a close shave Jack. First shave on the Feather Super. Aggressive but nice BBS head shave in two passes.

proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Windrose
Personna Super
Nivea créme preshave
Omega 10019
Omega Eucalyptus
Cien ASB

A great headshave, some minor nicks though but nothing a shower couldnt handle.

After that, the Cien ASB comes on which leaves the scalp very soft and smooth, great stuff!

DFS.

IMG_20170321_180958274.jpg

Windrose
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Razorock Plissoft
Proraso red
Hema Shea Butter ASB

A fine headshave once again.
My first headshave with the Plissoft.
It is a very nice brush to use on the scalp, especially when the lather is still nice and warm.

A smooth head was the only possible outcome.

IMG_20170323_174209852.jpg

A bit more buffing required compared to my most efficient razors but a very good shave nonetheless. Setting=4.

proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

G&F/Windrose
Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Nivea créme preshave
Razorock Plissoft
De Vergulde Hand
De Vergulde Hand ASB

Two nice shaves today.

I changed the handle on the G&F to shave my head.
I knew the G&F was the better razor, but the difference is remarkable.

DFS.

IMG_20170326_125542340.jpg

G&F/Windrose
Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Jan Zoethout custom synthetic
Omega Eucalyptus
Cien Balm

A good shave, but hit one of my bumps pretty bad and it bled for quite a while.
Since it doesnt happen to often I'll just learn to live with it.

IMG_20170328_181612719.jpg

Top Bottom