What's new

Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas (2013 Edition)

Made it all the way and was planning an order..... Except this morning I opened packages containing C&E Sandelwood soap, a C&E Nomad Travel Set, a C&E West India Lime Travel Set, and a C&E Pure Badger brush!. Guess I will spend my money on tobacco and pipes!! WOO HOO.

Congrats to those who survived and better luck next year to those that didnt.

WOOHOO!!! I survived. It has been fun but now the real fun begins.:thumbup: Merry Christmas and let's keep this thread alive with pics of our post GRUC2013 orders.

WARHAWK

Congrats to all that survived. I'll be trying to burn through some of my purchases after the GRUC fail... RR Christmas in Tuscany, RR XXX, RR Zi Pepino, LEA Stick, TABAC, RR Third Eye, RR Captain's Choice Bay Rum, and those are just most of the soaps not including the SIM stick I won from the Sue Moore auction. I also got a few more brushes and some after shave balms. Not to mention a bunch of razors from the bay. Time for a meeting, or intervention, or maybe just some personal restraint.

So oddly enough, I'm thinking I may not bother restocking anything before the 2014 Restraint starts in. I have a pre-arranged deal for some honing stones and a straight that is coming in that deal, and while I will probably run out of Tabac before the end of 2014, I still have more than enough of all sorts of other quality soaps to make the year.

Restocking seems counter productive to using up some of the things I have on the shelves that I don't plan to re-stock ever. lol

Although I went out early on, and went out again. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! I did, indeed get the DMT EF I so wanted, and plan to start honing up my FAIL-quisition this evening!

My post-restraint purchase was some soap for the soap pass around box, so I won't be posting any pics...I did order some extra soap for me, though!

Congrats to those that made it! Well done. I've failed about 5 times since early November, and loved each failure - although some of the items were not keepers.

WOOHOO!!! I survived. It has been fun but now the real fun begins.:thumbup: Merry Christmas and let's keep this thread alive with pics of our post GRUC2013 orders.

WARHAWK

I am all for that. Pulled the trigger on a Weber as a foray into stainless and higher cost razors--just couldn't go get that ATT OC set yet! As far as other purchases, I am living a bit lean out here overseas, and could use a few things. And a new fountain pen. Aww, here we go..

Post-restraint purchases now up to about $150 after some Stirling samples.

7x Stirling samples
20x Feather
20x Astra SP
Tabac puck
DRH Arlington puck
Cella tub
MWF puck
Semogue 620
TGN nylon 24mm
Soap dish

Yikes.

But this will almost certainly be enough soap to last through 2014, or very close to it, enough blades to nearly get to the finish line as well, and only really a couple more pieces of hardware I'd want to try yet.

Hi,

Ahhh. Post-Restraint, restrained purchase from WCS. On box of 100 blades, and one Vie-Long 12750 horsehair brush. :thumbup1:

Stan

Made it!

For Christmas I received a couple Mystic Waters soaps, a Trumpers cream and a tub of Cella. All are great but wow for the Cella! :001_tt1:

Top Bottom