What's new

BOTD: Black Of The Day

a while back i had a "chai malasa" drinking that strait was like "AAARRRARRAGH!!!" like getting kicked in the mouth by a mule with a horseshoe made of cinnamin.

Had some Taiwanese Ruby Black today. Nice mouthfeel. There was nice cinnamon flavor and a tingle on the tongue. Very, very enjoyable. I should have it available in stock next week.

the only black tea that i have thats good enough to be consumed warm and unsweetened, is that chai i mentioned previously and that still is a trip.

steve recomend some blacks for me. ($25 or so) to include in the next order. (thai teas welcome)

Technically, this is a black tea. But, it's flavors and aromas are very much like a Bai Hao Oolong. Stone fruits, cocoa, lemon and florals. But here comes the kicker......rosemary! Yep, you read it right, rosemary. And it actually works very well. It's a very light and clean rosemary aroma more so than a flavor. From Upton's Teas. It is possible to do kind of a gong fu brewing method but it requires extended steeping times. Brews up a cup with electric, crystaline, amber clarity. A superb change of pace from my usual sheng and greens.
View attachment 102489

View attachment 102490

If I may jump in here...

Blacks are probably my favorite teas, although I do have some white silver needles and a nice chamomile lavender tisane tucked away that I enjoy. In the rotation currently are not only our staples of English Breakfast and Earl Grey, but also some orange spice and a chai made with darjeeling, all flavored with the "real" stuff.

About to go make some more Earl Grey.

This afternoon: Formosa Ruby Black "Taiwan No. 18". Picked this up on a whim from Steve. I missed the cinnamon/mint he described but I did get the faint tingle and all that Assam-like malty goodness. :thumbup:

That Keemum Hao Ya A is a special tea. Since I had not had a keemum tea, I tried some the other day and was blown away. The tea visually is beautiful, the aroma is wonderful and the taste is superb. Yet another case where I may be drinking up the profits.

Keemun has become a favorite black tea of mine. I'll be back for more of this one (so you won't drink up all the profits :lol:)

Top Bottom