What's new

BOTD: Black Of The Day

Mind if I chime in? You could also say "à la façon anglaise" or "comme le font les anglais". I guess my French highschool education is coming out :ihih:

Yeah. I debated which way to go but I did that without looking it up and it's been forever since I used my french.

Anyway, today like yesterday except that my cold came in all the way. Same Yunnan Black Gold "Simao Black" because it's a shame to waste the good stuff while these taste buds are so impaired.

Molkobari Assam. One of my favorites and well suited to warm me up in this gloomy weather.

Two steaming mugs of first flush Makaibari Darjeeling, fresh out the 850ml yixing.

proxy.php

Light but with a good body; clean but not too crisp.
Mmmmmmm.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Nice pot there Richard! Haven't had any darjeeling tea in ages. May have to pick up a bit. ...looks over at the Chinese teas he has not sampled yet... Then again, maybe I won't be picking up any darjeeling for quite some time.

I was always under the impression that carried primarily oolongs from Taiwan and mostly cooked puerh offerings, my local Ten Ren outlet also carries some Taiwanese Red Tea (a.k.a Black Tea to Westerners). so I picked some up. The leaves are small and chewed up but they still yield a tasty cup. The soup is deep orange with dried fruit flavor coming through and a nice malty finish. For an every day tea, it performs fine for not being last longing. May need to compare with other every day red teas I have.

Bi Luo Chun Yunnan black -

I'm not a huge fan of blacks, but it is nice to have one every now and then. This one is full of carmel and malt flavors and a bit of florals in the nose. Pretty good stuff.

Brewed up some Taiwanese Ruby Black tea. Aroma of ripe fruit and cinnamon. Smooth on the palate with a hint of honey taste. Finish gives a bit of tingle on the sides of the tongue (almost like a light touch of pepper that only touches the very edges of the tongue. What a fascinating tea; very soothing without losing your attention.

I've been drinking Dammann's Gout Russe Douchka, No. 1, the last month. A great tasting Russian blend type tea that provides a nice "jolt" without any edginess.

I just recently discovered the tea forum on B & B after only being a member for a couple of years! Glad to see I'm not the only wet shaving, tea loving member here!

Top Bottom