What's new

Bay Rum, talk to me!

i have a new bottle of Ogallala, never used it, what am i to expect?
edit..
i also have 3 Crowns too, never used that either....

Last edited:
I got my sample of Captain's Choice today. Great scent, and felt really nice on my face.

St John's Bay Rum is a great scent too, and they have samples.

Superior 70 is my favorite. Very clean and straight forward Bay Rum. I have tried Pinaud (too clovey) and the Ogallala sampler (good but not great). Although, YMMV.

Lately I have been using PinMaster Bay Rum (mixing Pinaud and Master bay rum together)

proxy.php

Capt Choice sample arrived yesterday already (I live not far from The Capt - ~45 min drive), tried it after my shave last night (used Mama Bear's bay rum soap) and it lit me up for about 45 seconds or so, face was slightly red for a couple minutes, but it cooled and my skin felt very nice, smooth and soft, wife likes the scent, even my 11yr old boy insisted on trying some before school today :p

anyway, the Capt's is a very nice fragrance, a bit strong at first but once it mellows after about an hour its extremely pleasant and refreshing, I'll likely be ordering a bottle here early next week. not sure I'll use it every day, but, definitely a classic scent that needs to stay in my shave den.

for the record - this is the first splash I've ever used in my shaving life (I'm 43 right now). I wasn't sure what to expect, but I sure wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

Capt Choice sample arrived yesterday already (I live not far from The Capt - ~45 min drive), tried it after my shave last night (used Mama Bear's bay rum soap) and it lit me up for about 45 seconds or so, face was slightly red for a couple minutes, but it cooled and my skin felt very nice, smooth and soft

I was really surprised how nice my skin felt after I tried mine as well. I was not expecting a splash to have that effect. :thumbup:

We (myself, wifey, and my two boys) loved CC so much I just ordered a bottle. I do want to try some other BR's but the Capt's will be the first full size bottle on my shelf.

seems my shave den is beginning to get a bit tightly packed lately. LOL

Haven't used any others, but I like the captain's choice. I picked up a sample and promptly bought the bottle after trying it. Great smell, and makes my skin feel great.

Top Bottom