What's new

Barbershop Beauty (pin up shoot)

1, 2, 9, and 12 are all keepers. 8 is intriguing but something is off about it. I cant put my finger on it though. Possibly that your eye is pulled in to many different directions. Though having a photo be too interesting is not always bad.

Thanks for sharing. Not alot of us can make the shaving hobby that sexy!

Thanks Numb.
It's just a general policy I have in regards to comments about my photography. Not that I thought anyone here would critique her at all but I wrote that more out of habit... and yes, I think she's stunning looking!

Casting is an Important part of being a photographer. I recently showed a gallery owner interested in sowing some of my work an editorial that will be published in September. He said: "I like these photos but you used the wrong girl, why did you chose her, it almost ruins the shot here". Thats not at all the case with your work but ya know it something that happens in the real world and you have to be ready to defend your choice of model some time.

Interesting approach to the shoot, is this student work or hobby?

I'm a pro fashion/ beauty/ advertising photographer and I can give you some tips if you want.

The shots show a good eye for composure and have a consistent theme. How ever you posted 3 shots that you could never turn in for editorial, the two with you in them and the one with the read poster that has the glare, I know its from the over head but it looks like flash is missing the model so you would have to retouch it or cut it.

Interesting approach to the shoot, is this student work or hobby?

Hi C Reed. I used to work as a studio photographer professionally but now just do the odd bit here and there as a hobby.
You can see more of my work here:
My Model Mayhem

I do lots of different styles and didn't use anything bar the shops own lighting for this shoot. I agree completely with you about the images with me in them and I would never even dream of showing them to a professional model or client I was working with. This girl is my friend so the shoot was very relaxed and just for fun really. No pressure to get the perfect magazine quality shot or anything.

I know I don't know everything and I'm not even close. I take every shoot as a learning experience and try to get something out of it. I'm pretty comfortable using studio lighting , it's when it comes to natural lighting that I tend to get at a loss. I'm not shooting too much now anyway as I'm getting ready to head back to college to study barbering.

yeah your studio work is MUCH stronger.

Thanks. I wouldn't say it's stronger per ce but it's different. It used professional lights and the light so the look is sharped and crisper and the lighting is more controlled.

This pin-up shots are pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I planned this shoot so though it's not the same style I'm very happy with them. I knew the constraints of the barbershop and tried to work with them the best I could.

I dont know why...but for me #5 really appeals. Has something to do with the colors but I kept coming back to that one.

Nice job Eile!

I dont know why...but for me #5 really appeals. Has something to do with the colors but I kept coming back to that one.

Nice job Eile!

I love that one too, and I know why; the model almost looks like a porcelain doll in that shot. She has a flawless complexion and very nice facial structure.

Top Bottom