What's new

Barbershop Beauty (pin up shoot)

Hi everyone,
Some of you who hang around the chat room will have seen some of these but not all of them!

Recently it was a friend of mine's birthday and I had been wanting to do a photo shoot with her for years. She's not a model but liked my work and was very excited about it. I knew exactly what I wanted to do as well - a pin-up style shoot in my favourite barbers: 'The Waldorf' !
I love the Waldorf... it's where I did my basic barbering training and, as well as being the oldest barbers in Dublin, it's also a barbering museum! So in the photos take a look around the backgrounds too for some interesting authentic vintage items (also you can see more images of their things on the Waldorf's Facebook page here: The Waldorf )

Anyway I though I would share some of the images with you guys as I'd love to get some feedback. I've numbered the images so that you don't have to repost the image into your comments as otherwise the thread will become very picture-heavy.

Also I must emphasize that, while I would hope the wonderful gentlemanly conduct of the forum won't slip, you can critique my photography and editing choices as much as you like but I won't have a bad word said about the model - though really I don't think that'll be a problem as I think she's beautiful!
Okay so onto the photos...

The first montage:

proxy.php

Pics #1&4 are my faves.

The juxtaposition of the modest full length dress, yet hiked up to reveal very smooth, shapely legs,and SHAVING! How can you go wrong?

:thumbup:

Again sorry about flooding you with images but I hope you enjoy them!
I just think there is lots of shaving related interesting things going on in them that I hope some people will enjoying seeing.
Sorry if it's a bit too much.

Also yes, I lathered her leg for her using TOBS cream and yes she's using my Lady Gillette on her legs and holding my Wade and Butcher straight. :biggrin1: I even showed her how to hold it for the photos. She was a natural! :thumbup1:

Again sorry about flooding you with images but I hope you enjoy them!
I just think there is lots of shaving related interesting things going on in them that I hope some people will enjoying seeing.
Sorry if it's a bit too much.

Also yes, I lathered her leg for her using TOBS cream and yes she's using my Lady Gillette on her legs and holding my Wade and Butcher straight. :biggrin1: I even showed her how to hold it for the photos. She was a natural! :thumbup1:

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be recieveing plenty of complaints about posting pics of attractive women!:tongue_sm

Good grief! Give Barber-Eile the post of the year award. Right now!

And, Barber-Eile, please tell your innocent, beautiful friend, she should be a model.

Photograph #8 is my favorite. I love B&W artsy photos. And, the framing is well done.

Thanks. Seriously. Thanks...

1,4, and 12...looks like they could have be shot in the 40's and colorized... Classic Cheesecake.... they are all well framed and very professional....Loverly and kudos to the Model...she should consider a career....

The combination of a young beautiful lady and an old barbershop made for a great setting. Thanks for posting them.

All the photos are great. I really like photo #1. The placement of her hands and the flower in her hair, perfection.

Terry

Very nice photos, Barber Eile! Your friend has perfect skin, beautiful, classic features, and clearly takes direction well. How long did this shoot take? (Lots of wardrobe changes). How did she like the razors? Finally, how about some photos of you using your razors? (I know, the back of the camera is my preferred side too.)

You've nailed the pin-up genre - well done!

Pix #7. Anyone over 70 recognizes the seam in the back of the hose (nylons). Vintage. I understand during the war when stockings were unavailable, women sometimes painted a seam on their legs. Anyway, this is very nostalgic. You don't see nylons on women anymore.

Great venue, we don't anything like that here in Auckland. The photography is excellent, you've got the pin up style down. The young lady is also very attractive. My favourite ... number 1.

Would you consider a calendar for 2011?

Hey everyone thanks so much for the positive feedback! I'm just in the door from a horrible day in work so it's cheered me right up to read that you like them. I'll pass the kudos onto the model too!

Your friend has perfect skin, beautiful, classic features, and clearly takes direction well. How long did this shoot take?How did she like the razors? Finally, how about some photos of you using your razors?

Yes she was really good at taking direction. I always make sure I'm not getting my model's to do anything I can't do myself so I got into the chair and showed her what I had in mind and then adjusted the leg positioning a bit too.
We had the place for about 2 hours all to ourselves. Linda who runs it is a great lady and just let us have the run of the place after hours!

As for some photos of me... :blushing: I think I'll pass for now!

I understand during the war when stockings were unavailable, women sometimes painted a seam on their legs. You don't see nylons on women anymore.

They did indeed paint them on. And I do swing dancing (as does my friend in this pictures) so we both own a few pairs of seamed nylons for when we have dress-up nights at dance.

Would you consider a calendar for 2011?

I had thought about it. I might suggest the idea to Linda the owner of the Waldorf and see what she thinks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom