What's new

2017 pipe purchasing "sabbatical"

I've got to find a larger storage system for my pipes. As of right now, they are spread out on my grandfather's pipe racks on top of my bedside table. I guess I could use a drawer, as I do have one mostly empty but I also like having the pipes displayed. If I do find a cabinet that I like, my sabbatical is certainly blown

I've got to find a larger storage system for my pipes. As of right now, they are spread out on my grandfather's pipe racks on top of my bedside table. I guess I could use a drawer, as I do have one mostly empty but I also like having the pipes displayed. If I do find a cabinet that I like, my sabbatical is certainly blown
There are these.
Oalas 18Pcs Eyewear Sunglass Jewelry Watches Display Storage Case Stand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XD3JOC6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yprBybQ7TM1YT
Stay strong!

It's only a pipe purchasing sabbatical. Your good! Purchase away!

If I do find a cabinet that I like, my sabbatical is certainly blown

Well, then...

$bryants new pipe rack.jpg

:devil:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Yes. I believe this is a requirement.

Of course, it's also a requirement that when you have room for only one more pipe in the cabinet, you buy 2 pipes and then need another cabinet.

Once I purchase the cabinet, I must fill the cabinet...that's really the only option, right?

Yes. I believe this is a requirement.

I guess I have some work to do then...

$IMG_20170104_162347.jpg

Of course, there's the main pipe rack on the wall next to my desk, still a few spots open in that one:

$IMG_20170104_162402.jpg

Plus small random stands spread through the house in other rooms:

$IMG_20170104_162534.jpg

$IMG_20170104_163137.jpg

No worries on running out of pipe stand space. I also have 4 completely empty wooden ones in storage that fit between 6 and 10 pipes each. lol

View attachment 714111

Of course, there's the main pipe rack on the wall next to my desk, still a few spots open in that one:

View attachment 714112

View attachment 714114

View attachment 714115

No worries on running out of pipe stand space. I also have 4 completely empty wooden ones in storage that fit between 6 and 10 pipes each. lol

Oh man...you're my hero!

Oh man...you're my hero!

The scarier part? I haven't posted pics of the boxes of spare pipes I have, tho most are pretty ugly from a large estate sale lot, and the previous owner was highly abusive to his gear. I had to toss about 3/4 of them due to cracked/burnt bowls, cracked/broken shanks, etc.. Still though, the cost of the whole lot was worth it for the pieces I got to keep, like 6 wooden pipe stands, a few of the pipes, and the big score to me, a Nimrod pipe lighter, in perfect working order, and not even that beat up cosmetically:

$IMG_20170104_164627.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I will be happy once I have just a few than a handful. I am thinking my 2013 LE Tinsky, its Morta cousin, and my lattice meer- all of which I own. The only future products I can really see will be the Peterson meer Baskerville in green, an Altinok LVC, and a custom made which will be modeled on a certain trait of Jennifer Lopez. I think I will then be happy at that point.

View attachment 714111

Time to get busy!

Looking good Dustin!

View attachment 714111

View attachment 714112

View attachment 714114

View attachment 714115

Great collection Dustin. Really like that corner cabinet.

Thanks. Once we had closed on the new house, the wife and I hit up all the local antique shops looking for a corner cabinet I could use for pipes and baccy storage. We actually managed a pretty screaming deal on this one... picked it up delivered to the house for like $150.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks. Once we had closed on the new house, the wife and I hit up all the local antique shops looking for a corner cabinet I could use for pipes and baccy storage. We actually managed a pretty screaming deal on this one... picked it up delivered to the house for like $150.
:thumbup: I need one now.

Top Bottom