What's new

2017 pipe purchasing "sabbatical"

So Christmas happened and I got a pipe (Peterson Christmas 2016 XL02). Then I realized I needed another rack. So of course it looked awfully lonely. I just can't tolerate too many empty spaces. So here is my first sabbatical breaker. I'm proud I made it several days.View attachment 714391 To be fair I have been eyeing it a while but Hirsute post out me over the edge, or maybe it was the pinot noir.

So Christmas happened and I got a pipe (Peterson Christmas 2016 XL02). Then I realized I needed another rack. So of course it looked awfully lonely. I just can't tolerate too many empty spaces. So here is my first sabbatical breaker. I'm proud I made it several days.View attachment 714391 To be fair I have been eyeing it a while but Hirsute post out me over the edge, or maybe it was the pinot noir.

Score one sabbati-kill for [MENTION=53549]Hirsute[/MENTION] .

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Score one sabbati-kill for [MENTION=53549]Hirsute[/MENTION] .

proxy.php

Roll call for remaining sabbaticallers!
So far 0 pipes purchased this year, and I haven't used any of my exemptions either.

Roll call for remaining sabbaticallers!
So far 0 pipes purchased this year, and I haven't used any of my exemptions either.
I'm pretty sure you're it, Jared. March Madness is almost upon us, though, and the LE will show up sooner or later.

I got 2 crappily drilled Mincer pipes in the beginning of the year. Haven't smoked or cleaned them yet, due to the fact that I'm still annoyed by it and since I need a ton of pipe mud to make them smokeable.

I also got an H. Cor meer, which falls under the March Meerschaum Madness exception.

Now, I patiently wait for the LE pipe... while avoiding my eBay feed.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'm in. Dammit. But I'm in. This is like an intervention, a much needed one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You do realize that almost everyone who declared themself in the sabbatical has actually bought more pipes than usual since doing so? Join at your own risk! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize that almost everyone who declared themself in the sabbatical has actually bought more pipes than usual since doing so? Join at your own risk! ;)
Almost everyone...but NOT everyone! I stand as a beacon, attesting to the possibility of steadfastness! You can do it!

Edit/P.S. But yeah its risky. Know what you're getting into first. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This should be changed to the Brown Leaf Enabling Thread!

Ahhhhh.....so it's kind of like going to prison for tax evasion and coming out a hardened criminal.

Nice. I'm still in, just much more happily so!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Just making sure all you ill-advised sabbatical pretenders know that the smokingpipes 10% off everything sale for IPSD has started.

Still in and holding strong... Just bought a motorcycle at the end of 2016 and took delivery a few weeks back. That's been keeping me in check, though I did swing by a "Tobacco Shop" last weekend to find out that their idea of tobacco is cheap rolling tobacco billed as "pipe tobacco". Their cigar collection was equally dismal....I was hoping to pick up a tin or two of Nightcap on the sly. If my wife sees any packages arrive in my name, I think that I'll be sleeping in the shed next to the bike! :a13:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Still in and holding strong... Just bought a motorcycle at the end of 2016 and took delivery a few weeks back. That's been keeping me in check, though I did swing by a "Tobacco Shop" last weekend to find out that their idea of tobacco is cheap rolling tobacco billed as "pipe tobacco". Their cigar collection was equally dismal....I was hoping to pick up a tin or two of Nightcap on the sly. If my wife sees any packages arrive in my name, I think that I'll be sleeping in the shed next to the bike! :a13:
On the bright side- at least you won't freeze out there :)

What bike did you get? I think the only thing I love more than pipes is my motorcycle (strictly talking toys here!).
bmw.jpg

What bike did you get? I think the only thing I love more than pipes is my motorcycle (strictly talking toys here!).

That R1200 is a beaut! I got a FZ-07. My first bike. I have been lusting for one for about 20 years, but life always got in the way, then the wife, then kids... Finally after my wife kept catching me ogling over bikes, she said last year "Get one if you want. I don't want to be "THAT Wife" that says you cannot have something that you obviously desire."
About a month later I had completed my research which arrived at the FZ-07, not what I had originally thought of when I started, but ultimately made sense in so many ways. I bought it last December and had it shipped over from the mainland. Arrived just over two weeks ago. My first ride ever was ~110miles from harbor to home. A fun little trek. Last week I completed my MSF course and have my full license already. Still a lot to learn, but learning a lot with each ride.

Here's a pic from today's short ride to test the rear shock preload adjustment.
FZ-07_Keauhou.jpg

Top Bottom