What's new

2017 pipe purchasing "sabbatical"

Well... I guess my brown leaf "badge" might be called into question... I made it through 2017 with just the B&B LE pipe purchase.... Come to think of it, I think the only BL purchases for the year were a 5 pack of La Duena, a box of Short Story Maduros and the B&B LE pipe. I shall have to haunt these halls with my hat in hand and head held low in shame... :a35::001_tt2:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well... I guess my brown leaf "badge" might be called into question... I made it through 2017 with just the B&B LE pipe purchase.... Come to think of it, I think the only BL purchases for the year were a 5 pack of La Duena, a box of Short Story Maduros and the B&B LE pipe. I shall have to haunt these halls with my hat in hand and head held low in shame... :a35::001_tt2:
If you only got one pipe, you picked a good one to get.

If you are happy. We are happy. :)

Someone could smoke Captain Black in a $4 Dominion cob all day or once a month and we won't judge. If you enjoy our company and don't mind our smoke, pull up a chair!

Great job. I was almost as successful! I fell a little short though. I lost count. Well, I never kept count. I'd say somewhere around 6 or so pipes.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Great job. I was almost as successful! I fell a little short though. I lost count. Well, I never kept count. I'd say somewhere around 6 or so pipes.

I had probably the least sabbatical year in the Brown Leaf, so it May sound strange coming from me, but congratulations! Slowing your roll is key to building a focused pipe collection of winners, and avoiding some of the missteps us PAD junkies have made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had probably the least sabbatical year in the Brown Leaf, so it May sound strange coming from me, but congratulations! Slowing your roll is key to building a focused pipe collection of winners, and avoiding some of the missteps us PAD junkies have made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This made me curious, so I checked my 2017 tally. I shouldn't have.

I've not really added a huge number or anything that would really be considered top end pipes to the collection this year, but did add a few.

Where I really excelled (or fell down depending on your perspective I guess) is in the combustibles. I more than doubled my cellar in 2017.

I'll readily admit I was tempted many a time, but never could justify those temptations. I lived vicariously through the purchases and wild abandon displayed within these "walls" enjoying many smiles and quite a few laughs as well. There seems to be a surge in not only the quantity of pipes being purchased by the BL'ers, but also of the quality as well. I have promised myself that I will only purchase a pipe if it is on my "dream" list, of which I have yet to make. If I am able to make it to Las Vegas this year, then I will almost surely fall victim to the "kid in a candy store" syndrome (#goals). I may take an opportunity this year to let go of one or two pipes that I just don't reach for that often, but until then I will continue to ogle and drool over the acquisition and pipe of the day threads herein.
:a14:

Im scared to count mine lol. Looking like around 16-18 if you count the few I ordered but haven't arrived yet lol. Maybe closer to 20 :blink:

Top Bottom