What's new

2017 pipe purchasing "sabbatical"

I hear by do declare that I will entering into the 2017 pipe purchasing sabbatical. I will make very limited pipe tobacco purchases but do remain open to cigar purchases.

That's such a great idea. I'd be a downright liar if I agreed to join you though. The tobacco is where I spend anyway...currently.

The best part of the sabbatical is we get to watch each other fail. Lol
I am really going to try though....

Im probably gonna join ya. Only pipes on my want to buy list are a handful of cob shapes. Otherwise gonna focus on what I have and trying other tobaccos. Otherwise got lots of upcoming expenses with the kiddo on the way. All sorts of fun stuff in the future :lol:

I'm in.. except a meer in March. Oh, and a radiator pipe sometime in the year. Er.. and a Kirsten. Uhm.. and some extra bowls for my Falcon. Maybe a St Pats limited edition from Dagner and/or Peterson. Oops, almost forgot, I'm eyeing another Morgan pipe or two, Sav 320, some unsmoked meers a friend is possibly selling to me when I see him over the Summer. On second thought, I'm thinking I'm not ready for a sabbatical on BL items. :lol:

So...no pipe purchasing, other than the upcoming LE and cobs, that's what I'm seeing here, right? I picked up a meer, can't cheat on Sally with another this soon, right? I have a Bones wrapped up under the tree...I think I'm gonna give it a shot so I can focus on improving my stock in the cellar! Count me in.

Its a good thing there isn't any punishment from breaking the sabbatical... I'm sure something will change within the next year to make me fail :lol:

I'm in. If I actually succeed I could then rationalize the purchase of the LE pipe!? Yeah, that's what I will tell myself.

Whoa whoa whoa...I'm not even on vacation for one day and you guys are already talking foolishness. A sabbatical? In the Brown Leaf? I cannot condone this kind of behavior!

(Although, aside from the LE, which is always excepted, my plan is to not put any new money into pipes next year. That is, any money I spend on pipes will have to be raised by selling stuff - shaving gear, other pipes, etc.)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Whoa whoa whoa...I'm not even on vacation for one day and you guys are already talking foolishness. A sabbatical? In the Brown Leaf? I cannot condone this kind of behavior!

(Although, aside from the LE, which is always excepted, my plan is to not put any new money into pipes next year. That is, any money I spend on pipes will have to be raised by selling stuff - shaving gear, other pipes, etc.)

I bet that between us we can personally enable/turn to the dark side most of these young pipers. ;)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I agree. I thought BL sabbaticals were against the ToU :biggrin:

I bet that between us we can personally enable/turn to the dark side most of these young pipers. ;)

If either of you start posting some selections from your collections on the BST? Yeah, that would definitely do it. I'm pretty sure you already enabled me once or twice when you were selling off a few things. :lol:

Top Bottom