What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: February 2017

image.jpeg
SHOVELHEAD SHAVES

I HAVE USED THE SAME SETUP THE PAST TWO DAYS. MY SHAVES HAVE BEEN QUITE ENJOYABLE WITH THE SHOVELHEAD I HAVE ONLY CHANGED FROM A VINTAGE GEM DOUBLE LIFE BLADE TO A GEM PTFE.

I MUST ADMIT WHEN I FIRST PURCHASED THIS RAZOR I ONLY USED IT ONCE. I HAVE COME TO LIKEVIT THUS FAR WITH THE SHAVES I'VE HAD WITH IT SINCE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH

Man! You guys know how to set up a shot! All kinds of class going on there!

Thank you KeenDogg, I'm just having some fun and I'm really glad you suggested the SHOVELHEAD as razor of the month because mine would have never gotten any love. I'm realizing that's it's a wonderful shaver

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thank you KeenDogg, I'm just having some fun and I'm really glad you suggested the SHOVELHEAD as razor of the month because mine would have never gotten any love. I'm realizing that's it's a wonderful shaver
I'm so glad! I know this razor doesn't quite draw the attention as much as others but it was a great place to start for SROTM. It's wonderful to know you are having great success with it, it makes this thread a success as well.

Kindly,
Adam

No poorly lit pictures this time, but like @Deelyte my shovelhead would have slept in the corner without any love were it not for this thread. Thanks Adam! I've used it more times this month than ever.. Look forward to hearing that buttering toast sound tonight...

KeenDogg

No poorly lit pictures this time, but like @Deelyte my shovelhead would have slept in the corner without any love were it not for this thread. Thanks Adam! I've used it more times this month than ever.. Look forward to hearing that buttering toast sound tonight...
You are quite welcome. Thank you for participating!

"Science proves you can't beat a lather shave." I love that. Nice effects on your pictures, too! Is that an effect on here or do you do that on your pc?

Kindly,
Adam

Adam, that's a app that I use on my iPad. It being February and the 1924 being the razor of the month I thought I would show the SHOVELHEAD a little love. :thumbup:

SMOOTH SHAVES

KeenDogg

Adam, that's a app that I use on my iPad. It being February and the 1924 being the razor of the month I thought I would show the SHOVELHEAD a little love. :thumbup:

SMOOTH SHAVES
I see what you did there!
Check out what I picked up today for 2 bucks each.

Attachments

• 20170219_140121.jpg
    20170219_140121.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13

KeenDogg

Let's keep our eyes peeled. I don't know about you, but its getting close to outdoor flea market season here! Sending you good vibes, Deelyte.

Last edited:
SHOVELHEAD TODAY

I HAD ANOTHER GREAT SHAVE THIS MORNING USING THE RAZOR OF THE MONTH. I LIKE THE QUALITY OF SHAVES THAT I RECEIVE WITH THIS RAZOR. WHY DID I NEGLECT USING IT FOR SO LONG?

Setup:
PRORASO PRESHAVE CREME WHITE
RAZOROCK PLISSOFT BRUSH
EVER-READY 1924
FAENA SHAVING SOAP
THAYERS CUCUMBER WH
FAENA AS/ASB

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 8

KeenDogg

SHOVELHEAD TODAY

I HAD ANOTHER GREAT SHAVE THIS MORNING USING THE RAZOR OF THE MONTH. I LIKE THE QUALITY OF SHAVES THAT I RECEIVE WITH THIS RAZOR. WHY DID I NEGLECT USING IT FOR SO LONG?

Setup:
PRORASO PRESHAVE CREME WHITE
RAZOROCK PLISSOFT BRUSH
EVER-READY 1924
FAENA SHAVING SOAP
THAYERS CUCUMBER WH
FAENA AS/ASB
I'm glad it's going so well! I'm gonna give mine a go on Friday and see how I do. I've only dabbled in SE razors. I'll post my shave after.

Thanks for your participation, good sir!

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm glad it's going so well! I'm gonna give mine a go on Friday and see how I do. I've only dabbled in SE razors. I'll post my shave after.

Thanks for your participation, good sir!

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah Adam, I'm glad you suggested the SHOVELHEAD for razor of the month. It gave me the impetus to revisit this particular razor. The first couple times I used it after purchasing I didn't enjoy the shave at all but truly a second visit has proven to a great experience for me. As I stated before the Damaskeene was a much better experience the first go round for me and it became the preferred SE in my rotation followed by some of the modern SE's

You're Welcome and Have a smooth shave Friday
Kind Regards,
Derrick

Just dropping in and showing off my freshly polished shovel head.

I absolutely love this razor. I happen to have two of them! One short handle and one long handle. Both are rounded comb!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Yeah Adam, I'm glad you suggested the SHOVELHEAD for razor of the month. It gave me the impetus to revisit this particular razor. The first couple times I used it after purchasing I didn't enjoy the shave at all but truly a second visit has proven to a great experience for me. As I stated before the Damaskeene was a much better experience the first go round for me and it became the preferred SE in my rotation followed by some of the modern SE's

You're Welcome and Have a smooth shave Friday
Kind Regards,
Derrick

Thank you, Derrick! I will do my best!

Just dropping in and showing off my freshly polished shovel head.

I absolutely love this razor. I happen to have two of them! One short handle and one long handle. Both are rounded comb!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Very nice, Mateo! Those shined up beautifully.

Top Bottom