What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: February 2017

Just dropping in and showing off my freshly polished shovel head.

I absolutely love this razor. I happen to have two of them! One short handle and one long handle. Both are rounded comb!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Very nice Mateo, enjoy and watch out for that rabbit hole

Kindly,
Derrick

SHOVELHEAD TODAY FEBRUARY 24th

I'm GETTING ALONG VERY WELL WITH MY SHOVELHEAD. I HAD ANOTHER DELIGHTFUL SHAVE THIS MORNING AND THE SINGING OF THE RAZOR WAS WONDERFUL. I HAD MY RAZOR LOADED WITH A VINTAGE GEM DOUBLE LIFE BLADE AND I MUST SAY IT PERFORMS GREAT JUST MOWS DOWN THOSE WHISKERS
image.jpeg

SMOOTH SHAVES FELLOWS
:shaving:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
SHOVELHEAD TODAY FEBRUARY 24th

I'm GETTING ALONG VERY WELL WITH MY SHOVELHEAD. I HAD ANOTHER DELIGHTFUL SHAVE THIS MORNING AND THE SINGING OF THE RAZOR WAS WONDERFUL. I HAD MY RAZOR LOADED WITH A VINTAGE GEM DOUBLE LIFE BLADE AND I MUST SAY IT PERFORMS GREAT JUST MOWS DOWN THOSE WHISKERS
View attachment 764075
SMOOTH SHAVES FELLOWS
I'm heading into the shovel head territory tonight. I'm guessing a shallow angle is best to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm heading into the shovel head territory tonight. I'm guessing a shallow angle is best to start.

Adam enjoy your experience and when you hear that buttering toast sound you have got the angle right my friend. It has great audible feedback IMO

I found this angle to be perfect

image.jpeg

The right angle for me is in between #2 and #3 on those instructions, but I'm sure you can figure out what works for you. :behead: :death: :scared:

KeenDogg

Well, boys. Luck wasn't on my side. Not only did my kid's fight sleep but I seem to have misplaced my blades. When I find them, I'll let you guys know how I did. I'm kinda bummed.

Kindly,
Adam

Well, boys. Luck wasn't on my side. Not only did my kid's fight sleep but I seem to have misplaced my blades. When I find them, I'll let you guys know how I did. I'm kinda bummed.

Kindly,
Adam

You've got kids, and you don't know where your razor blades are?!!!!!

Find them, NOW!!!

How do you misplace razor blades? :a7:

After lengthy debate, we have deemed you unfit to own "real" razors, you are only allowed to use this from now on.

0c552df2628b6e1441803238e06f867d.jpg

And you must send me all of your razors to be impounded.

KeenDogg

I have no idea, Toby! They could be in one of my drawers. You know what I mean, you keep your razors in your drawers, right?

Seriously though, I may have had 1 from a pif and maybe I used it when I tried a clog pruf. I can't remember. So maybe I don't have anymore!

I have no idea, Toby! They could be in one of my drawers. You know what I mean, you keep your razors in your drawers, right?

Seriously though, I may have had 1 from a pif and maybe I used it when I tried a clog pruf. I can't remember. So maybe I don't have anymore!

ce5a11df5e5abed9c03db6a3f47108fd.jpg

Well SE Sunday came up and so I went with my ER 1924 since February is almost over. Put on my newest Hawaiian hardwood handle (la'hala) and my favorite horse hair brush. Great shave! Thanks Keen Dogg for suggesting this.

DSC01359.JPG

Awesome handle @gvw755 ! Sad February is drawing to a close; Shovelheads are the real deal. Still find them on ebay for b/w $10-20. Forgot I had one until this thread. Can't wait for next month's offering. Thanks again, Adam. (hope you find your blades..)
Best,
TT

002.JPG

KeenDogg

Hey! you're welcome guys! This thread would have went nowhere without all you guys posting. I wasn't sure how it was going to go being my first SROTM, but you guys have made it all worth while. A big thanks to you both as well as @Deelyte for posting regularly. I liked this one because I got to meet you guys and I don't know if I would have otherwise!

Shave on brothers!

Adam
Well SE Sunday came up and so I went with my ER 1924 since February is almost over. Put on my newest Hawaiian hardwood handle (la'hala) and my favorite horse hair brush. Great shave! Thanks Keen Dogg for suggesting this.

View attachment 764723

Awesome handle @gvw755 ! Sad February is drawing to a close; Shovelheads are the real deal. Still find them on ebay for b/w $10-20. Forgot I had one until this thread. Can't wait for next month's offering. Thanks again, Adam. (hope you find your blades..)
Best,
TT

View attachment 764732

Hey! you're welcome guys! This thread would have went nowhere without all you guys posting. I wasn't sure how it was going to go being my first SROTM, but you guys have made it all worth while. A big thanks to you both as well as @Deelyte for posting regularly. I liked this one because I got to meet you guys and I don't know if I would have otherwise!

Shave on brothers!

Adam

Your welcome Adam, it's been great for me and I have got my technique down with this razor now and my friend find your blades and see what you are missing. I plan to use my FATBOY tomorrow because it's FATBOY February and I haven't used a DE in quite some time since I discovered the SE world.

Awesome handle gvw755

CLOSING OUT THE MONTH WITH A SHOVELHEAD
image.jpeg

I had a great time using my SHOVELHEAD this month somehow I plan to keep her in my rotation as I was pleased with the shaving results. CCS

KeenDogg

CLOSING OUT THE MONTH WITH A SHOVELHEAD
View attachment 765048
I had a great time using my SHOVELHEAD this month somehow I plan to keep her in my rotation as I was pleased with the shaving results. CCS
Awesome, Derrick! I gotta get a pic app. So cool. We are doing the Fatip for March if you have one and want to join in.

Thanks again,
Adam

Awesome, Derrick! I gotta get a pic app. So cool. We are doing the Fatip for March if you have one and want to join in.

Thanks again,
Adam
Thank you Adam and you are welcome. I'm having fun with that pic app it is very cool my friend. I may just break out the FaTip I have a Testina Gentile that I enjoyed using before I discovered the single edge razor. It has been quite some time since I used a DE I was planning to use my FATBOY last month but the SE just kept calling my name.

Regards,
Derrick

KeenDogg

Thank you Adam and you are welcome. I'm having fun with that pic app it is very cool my friend. I may just break out the FaTip I have a Testina Gentile that I enjoyed using before I discovered the single edge razor. It has been quite some time since I used a DE I was planning to use my FATBOY last month but the SE just kept calling my name.

Regards,
Derrick
Derrick! I found them! Hahaha.

Top Bottom