What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: February 2017

1909 patent British Shovelhead

proxy.php

1909 patent British Shovelhead

proxy.php
That's beautiful right there.

My only problem with the shovel head is its need to carry water after each rinse. Need to shake it out before bringing the razor back to the face.
Other 2 shaves like a dream. It doesn't get as much use or love as my 1914 or 1912, but it should. Will make sure I get a few shaves in before the month is out.

Thanks for doing this!

Day 3 for me/shovelhead

today's shave was nice and smooth for a dfs. I'm getting the 1924 dialed in and she is giving great results
setup today:
Proraso preshave creme white
vulflix 660 superbadger brush
ever-ready SHOVELHEAD loaded with gem double life blade will switch to gemptfe tomorrow
mike's lemongrass eucalyptus soap
stirling lemon chill wh with aloe
floids vigoroso as
$image.jpg

smooth shaves and have a great weekend

Last edited:
Beautiful shave with the round tooth. Just a little touch up on the back of my head using the Shake Sharp where the Shovelhead struggled a bit.
proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Day 3 for me/shovelhead

today's shave was nice and smooth for a dfs. I'm getting the 1924 dialed in and she is giving great results
setup today:
Proraso preshave creme white
vulflix 660 superbadger brush
ever-ready SHOVELHEAD loaded with gem double life blade will switch to gemptfe tomorrow
mike's lemongrass eucalyptus soap
stirling lemon chill wh with aloe
floids vigoroso as
View attachment 721567

smooth shaves and have a great weekend
Well done! How do you like the atomizer on your Floid? I've never tried one.

Beautiful shave with the round tooth. Just a little touch up on the back of my head using the Shake Sharp where the Shovelhead struggled a bit.
proxy.php

Excellent work! Good thing you had your back-up ready.

Thanks guys!

Well done! How do you like the atomizer on your Floid? I've never tried one.

Thanks guys!

You're welcome, I really enjoy using the atomizer a lot. I wish they made one for the smaller bottles of FLOID as I have to use a cap off of hand sanitizer bottle it fits perfect and eliminate the spillage down the side of the bottle others have complained about.

Knew I had one somewhere! Pocket edition case (not sure if right for this SE). Square comb. Will try to coax a shave out of it soon. Busy weekend. Nice thread @KeenDogg! :thumbup1: Learning a ton.

$001.jpg$002.jpg$003.jpg

Knew I had one somewhere! Pocket edition case (not sure if right for this SE). Square comb. Will try to coax a shave out of it soon. Busy weekend. Nice thread @KeenDogg! :thumbup1: Learning a ton.

View attachment 721690View attachment 721691View attachment 721692

I could be wrong, but I think the case is from an ABC set.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ket-Edition-Sets-Part-Two-Cases?highlight=abc

Definitely not the right case for a EverReady 1924, but still cool.

Thanks. You nailed it. Shovelhead in an (clearly unpolished) ABC case. Now just need to take it out for a spin..

I wouldn't polish it, looks great! What better way is there than to use a DE case for a fine SE?! Looks like it belongs there! (I'm not a fan of the ABC razors anyway, they look kinda girly!)

KeenDogg

I wouldn't polish it, looks great! What better way is there than to use a DE case for a fine SE?! Looks like it belongs there! (I'm not a fan of the ABC razors anyway, they look kinda girly!)
It does fit nicely!

003.JPG

Shaved with this setup after the big game Sunday PM (next pic will be better I promise). Super lather with donkey's milk stick and Godrej Red cream. Not completely broken in Chubby 2 best badger soaked <1min in warm water helped produce a slick and shiny lather. 1924 Shovelhead w/ GEM PTFE (1) coated blade was singing as the 2-3 day old salt and pepper whiskers were harvested. Forgot how satisfying that 'knife buttering toast' sound could be. Still had a near
'socially acceptable' growth 24 h later last nite so touched up w/ a Philips this AM before work (I know, I know).. Won't be the last time this beauty SE is used this month. Not pictured Aloe Vera Thayer's WH and probably Floid amber AS. Oh and a little rub of Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny (bay rum) solid cologne..

KeenDogg

View attachment 759694

Shaved with this setup after the big game Sunday PM (next pic will be better I promise). Super lather with donkey's milk stick and Godrej Red cream. Not completely broken in Chubby 2 best badger soaked <1min in warm water helped produce a slick and shiny lather. 1924 Shovelhead w/ GEM PTFE (1) coated blade was singing as the 2-3 day old salt and pepper whiskers were harvested. Forgot how satisfying that 'knife buttering toast' sound could be. Still had a near
'socially acceptable' growth 24 h later last nite so touched up w/ a Philips this AM before work (I know, I know).. Won't be the last time this beauty SE is used this month. Not pictured Aloe Vera Thayer's WH and probably Floid amber AS. Oh and a little rub of Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny (bay rum) solid cologne..
Very nicely done, brother! Shave on!

Top Bottom