What's new

GFT cream

figured id just let ya'll know what this cream smells like. it is just so annoying to spend the money sometimes on a good cream, only to find out the smell just is not for you. well this cream smells exactly like brut. if you know what brut smells like, this cream is it. this cream may do it better, imo, its like taking brut to the next level, but, the smell is brut. good cream too.

$gft.PNG

Interesting. I would have guessed it smells like GFT cologne, which to my nose smells nothing like Brut. Strange how different carriers affect the fragrances used to scent them. Anyway, thanks for the report.

To me it smells like a more complex and refined version of Pinaud Clubman. Brut and Clubman are quite similar though. I think GFT makes one of the better performing creams out there and this particular one has a classy masculine scent, very barbershoppy.

There are a number of excellent creams available.

Get one that is unscented and add a few frops (or more) of your favourite scent to your lather bowl.

Voila! A personally scent customized cream especially for you.

That is what I do and I am happy. :shaving:

Mickey

GFT smells nothing like Brut IMO. They may share similar notes, maybe but GFT smells like GFT. Goes well with Clubman original AS or a scent free balm and matching cologne. Love the stuff! I even have the GFT deodorant.

Last edited:
used gft cream for first time today.
great performance, on par with other gft/creighton creams.
scent...well, definitely citrus opening, then something spicy, a little leathery, and barbershoppy.
reminded me somewhat of a very gentile Arlington.

$Trumpers GFT Shavemac Solingen Knize Ten alligator may 8 2015.jpg

Thanks for the review and the pic. I wish the rest of the Trumper tubes looked that good. Have you smelled GFT cologne? I'm wondering how close the cream scent is to that.

Thanks for the review and the pic. I wish the rest of the Trumper tubes looked that good. Have you smelled GFT cologne? I'm wondering how close the cream scent is to that.

I vaguely recall sniffing GFT cologne once or twice, and the cream is reminiscent of the cologne. Hard to be precise since I don't have the two side by side.

I love the GFT shaving cream - scent and performance - and I recently got a sample of GFT cologne because I like the cream so much. Unfortunately, the cologne does not measure up for me. The cologne has a "soapy, detergent" kinda thing going on - very disappointing, for me. But I still dig the shaving cream! As a matter of fact, I just used it.

used gft cream for first time today.
great performance, on par with other gft/creighton creams.
scent...well, definitely citrus opening, then something spicy, a little leathery, and barbershoppy.
reminded me somewhat of a very gentile Arlington.

This is a good explanation of the scent. To me it smells nothing like Brut, possibly a little like Clubman Original (but only a little). I really like the GFT creams, the performance is great for me. I actually think GFT is the worst as far as performance. I'm not sure what the difference is but all the other creams that I've tried (Violet, Limes, Spanish Leather) are great but for some reason the lather of GFT just seems a lot less slick.

Top Bottom