What's new

Zippo pipe lighter insert

Mike H

Instagram Famous
May be old news, but I recently learned that Zippo will replace the standard insert with a pipe insert for free, and ship the original insert back along with your lighter.

I went to the web site http://www.zippo.com/customercare/repairs.aspx and filled out the form and mailed my lighter with a request for the pipe insert. About three weeks later, I got my lighter back with the new insert, the original insert, a wallet card with Zippo manufacture dates, and two extra flints. :thumbup:

$IMG_3824.jpg

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I knew they would replace the chimney insert with a pipe one, I did not know they send the original back. I've got a regular zippo with a Z plus insert in it somewhere, I'll have to hunt it down and send it to Bradford.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The new pipe lighters come with the caps, but they're easily lost, mine was gone within a months use, works fine, just no more cap.

I love my pipe zippos. While some complain about the fuel taste, I just let it burn for a few seconds and the taste is little to none.

I just found an old lighter that was my dads. It's engraved with his initials and it would be really nice to be able to have it converted and use it. I am going to have pack it up and ship it off. Thanks for the tip.

Other than it is an original part, I don't see that the little metal cap on the chimney really serves any purpose. I just remove it so it functions as pipe lighter sideways and a regular Zippo vertical. What about you guys?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Other than it is an original part, I don't see that the little metal cap on the chimney really serves any purpose. I just remove it so it functions as pipe lighter sideways and a regular Zippo vertical. What about you guys?

Not sure but maybe a pretty genius observation!

It would seem weird to me for it to serve no purpose, otherwise why would they go through even the small extra expense of adding it onto the insert? I would really have to think they paid some pretty smart engineers to do the design work.

Top Bottom