What's new

Zipper or Button Fly?

I really love button-fly jeans, and find them more comfortable than zipper-flies. I've worn 501s for a long time, although quality control has been so bad lately that I'm wondering if Levi and I need to part ways. I have a few other pairs of casual trousers with buttons, and they're also very comfortable. Can't say I've ever owned any more formal trousers with buttons, though. I'd certainly consider it, if I ran across any. Zippers work just fine, but the button-flies on jeans seem a little more durable.

In High School we had a saying "Button Flies Save Lives". That is all I can say. The story behind it is to long.

And yeah, teenage awkwardness can make button-flies seem like a matter of self-preservation! I'd like to think I'm no longer that clumsy...but I'm not sure.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well the gal was trying to get on the bus . . . with a long skirt . . . . she reached behind to undo a button . . . so she could mount the steps . . . . finally after several attempts I lifted her onto the bus. How dare you she said. . . . Well . . . hmmm I replied . . . after you tried to unbutton my pants three times I thought we were familiar enough that I could help you. . . .

I'm a zipper man myself . . . And I will zipper my face up now.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Apart from 501s and a very few other jeans, I've only ever seen buttons one one pair of pants ... so the discussion is kind of moot if I can't buy button fly.

proxy.php

I prefer button up, but most of my pants have zippers because buttons are hard to find. I prefer them because you can just tug them apart and they are open in one motion.

Never had button fly. The older I get the more the quick action of a zipper appeals to me so I don't imagine I will ever try button fly either.

I just bought a pair of 501 Levi jeans with the button fly, every time I go to the washroom I curse a little since I can't just unzip and go. It turns into a production.

This.

I have both, but when I'm rushing to the urinal and wearing my button flies, I always think zippers are a lot more practical.

I have no choice in th ematter currently - it's all button-fly in country. That having been said, i generally prefer a zipper as it lays flatter and looks slimmer.

Top Bottom