What's new

z zegna is a good summer cologne for the under 30 set.

:thumbup: just want to put it out there... anyone agree? are there frags that are similar that you like better? buy it for your sons/ nephews or yourself if you're young at heart. hell why am i even talking about age? i should just say i like it and happen to be young.

Last edited:
It sounds like you like it. Buy it and don't worry about age. It is a contemporary scent. Not a "mature" scent.

"Age" and scents is a myth; it's all about confidence

I actually agree to a large degree. But some younger men just starting out with frags have a relatively tender threshold and/or fear of smelling "old." Young women and others in peer group can poke at that. Indeed the confidence and comfort of the wearer can override that.

I'm a pretty mature guy. I have a girl friend in 30s who jabs at me unmercifully if I'm wearing something like Tabarome or Bois du Portugal.

Last edited:
I actually agree to a large degree. But some younger men just starting out with frags have a relatively tender threshold and/or fear of smelling "old." Young women and others in peer group can poke at that. Indeed the confidence and comfort of the wearer can override that.

I'm a pretty mature guy. I have a girl friend in 30s who jabs at me unmercifully if I'm wearing something like Tabarome or Bois du Portugal.

It's been my experience that percieved "age" for a fragrance really doesn't matter, I'm in my early 20s and wear a lot of "old man scents" and I've never had any negative comments from male or female friends of the same age, or younger, YMMV...

i take the stylist approach most of the time so the age thing is just to help me classify and find logic with what i wear. does that make sense?

most of my wardrobe are older scents. mostly because i was able to find old formulations of some classics.

Last edited:
It's been my experience that percieved "age" for a fragrance really doesn't matter, I'm in my early 20s and wear a lot of "old man scents" and I've never had any negative comments from male or female friends of the same age, or younger, YMMV...

Sure. I've seen a lot of your posts and you strike me as stylin' and confident in your choices.

Top Bottom