What's new

Your thoughts on silk knots?

I also wear them on occasion, but greatly prefer standard metal cufflinks. Even if you put them onto the shirt while it is on the hanger, I find that the more inexpensive knots are often too large to fit in a standard sized cuff hole.

My general rule of thumb, is that if I'm wearing khaki's, the knots are fine. If I'm wearing black or grey pants, or well polished shoes, then it's time for true cuff links. Just my own personal opinion....

I love silk knot cufflinks. I worked at a law firm last summer where the dress code was business formal and didn't feel under-dressed and felt that I fit in perfectly. And, as someone mentioned above, pair them with a tie and they look super sharp.

I picked up half a dozen or so silk knots whilst on holidays, but found that they are too big to use in my shirts.

Pity, as I think they look great.

What about business wear?

Depends on the office environment. My brother wears silk knots on a regular basis and he is a senior manager in the International Corporate Tax practice for Deloitte. Coordinated with a tie or pocket square, it's a nice compliment.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Just picked up 30 pairs for a penny plus $7.99 shipping :)

My 30 pairs arrived from HK today. Out of the office till monday but can't wait to use them. the 30 pairs is really 15 pairs of solid color, and 15 pairs of the solid with white.

My 30 pairs arrived from HK today. Out of the office till monday but can't wait to use them. the 30 pairs is really 15 pairs of solid color, and 15 pairs of the solid with white.

Was that from 7jewelry on ebay? Did it really take 3 weeks?

I could use a pair of these by next weekend. Did you happen to see any sellers selling from the US?

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Was that from 7jewelry on ebay? Did it really take 3 weeks?

I could use a pair of these by next weekend. Did you happen to see any sellers selling from the US?

Yeah, it was 7jewelry. Wasn't concerned about US sellers. As I'm in Canada there are very few US seller who ship to Canada for free. I was specifically looking for Asian sellers. Didn't wind up with free shipping, but considering I paid a total of $8 I'm really happy.

Word of warning. I suspect the seller is a shill bidder. If you choose to buy from them, bid the minimum, you'll get out bid shortly before the end of the auction, but then you'll receive a second chance offer the next day. After being out bid the first time, I bid on the re-listed item. Got a second chance offer on the first one. Waited out the second one, got out bid, then got the second chance offer again. For an item that was $0.01 I'm not going to make a fuss over it with ebay though.

Last edited:
I ended up going for a US seller, a little more expensive, but I liked the color options more, and I'll hopefully get it before a wedding I'm going to next weekend.

They are my least favorite cuff link. Every time I see someone wearing them, I think they look tacky. That's just me though. No offense to any of you fine gentlemen who wear them. :)

They're great :thumbup1: and look great...I have a bunch from Brooks Brothers and love the cufflinks with their shirts...I wear it often, sort of casual business.

Robert

Thinking about ordering a 10 pack off the bay. Never wore them though. Like the thought of them being light weight.

EDIT: just to clarify, I'm talking silk knot cufflinks.

Top Bottom