What's new

Your thoughts on silk knots?

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Thinking about ordering a 10 pack off the bay. Never wore them though. Like the thought of them being light weight.

EDIT: just to clarify, I'm talking silk knot cufflinks.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I like them. They are technically less formal than most other cufflinks, but certainly appropriate for almost any situation. (Personally, I'd skip them for the tuxedo, but short of that they are fine.)

In addition, they are cheaper than dirt, compared to most metalic links, and won't scratch or damage glass &c the way the heavier metal ones can.

The one caveat is that they are harder to put in the cuffs when the shirt is on, so you may put them in while the shirt is still on the hanger.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I like them. They are technically less formal than most other cufflinks, but certainly appropriate for almost any situation. (Personally, I'd skip them for the tuxedo, but short of that they are fine.)

In addition, they are cheaper than dirt, compared to most metalic links, and won't scratch or damage glass &c the way the heavier metal ones can.

The one caveat is that they are harder to put in the cuffs when the shirt is on, so you may put them in while the shirt is still on the hanger.

Definitely easier. :thumbup1:

I like them for more casual business wear. I have several colors that I will coordinate with various shirt/tie combinations. However I have found them to be much harder to put in than metal therefore most days I stick to my trusty "Return to Tiffanys".

Agreed for the most part. I find them easier to put in the cuff though. I guess Doc4 is all thumbs. :laugh:

I have a couple of pairs (a favourite of mine is a purple and green pair) and I'm not that sold on them.

I'd prefer my metal cufflinks, although with the right shirt (a nice, very soft and rather thick cotton) I wear my knots.

My marbled black/charcoal teardrop solid-piece cufflinks will always hold first billing in my storage box, though.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
My curiosity for silk knots stems from getting annoyed at work being on the computer all day and having the metal links banging on the desk or keyboard. I have no issues with then any other time.

Good reason! On days where I'm deskbound the entire time, I will begrudgingly wear a normal cuffed shirt.....and gripe the whole time :D

I love cuff knots, I use them to coordinate with ties. There is nothing quite like a good splash of color to tie (no pun intended) the shirt and tie together.

I guess that I have more than a dozen pairs of silk knots- in differing colours. I think that they are great!

I wear them also. They are slightly less dressy than gold or silver, but very nice nonetheless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom