What's new

your rich uncle died and money is no object challenge

as a counterpoint to the $99 challenge....

proxy.php

$1600* - multiple sources

*found a toggle on the bay for $1100, no idea if thats fair or not

Talk to Thomas at Revisor and tell him to invoice and send me every rarity he finds in Solingen. Cost no object

If money were no object, Id likely use the same shave gear that I currently use: Feather AC Kamiori, Yaqi brush, various soaps and MLS Bodhisattva aftershave.
At the end of day, its just shaving and super rare, expensive gear isnt going to shave me any better than the gear I already have. Instead, I think Id take that money, buy 1 cool car, pay off all my bills and spend my time traveling the world, experiencing as many things as I can with the time I have left on Earth.

If money were no object, Id likely use the same shave gear that I currently use: Feather AC Kamiori, Yaqi brush, various soaps and MLS Bodhisattva aftershave.
At the end of day, its just shaving and super rare, expensive gear isnt going to shave me any better than the gear I already have. Instead, I think Id take that money, buy 1 cool car, pay off all my bills and spend my time traveling the world, experiencing as many things as I can with the time I have left on Earth.

^^^ This ^^^

Talk to Thomas at Revisor and tell him to invoice and send me every rarity he finds in Solingen. Cost no object

I think I'd go on a world tour and visit all the SR and brush shops/stores (old and new craftsman) and buy my favorite 3 or 4 from each place...Met guys like Thomas, Mastro, Brian Brown, Robert Williams, Bernd, etc. Half the fun would just talking to the owners/craftsman

I'd never hesitate to hit the 'buy now' button and @DEdestroyer would never have to post another thread in the BST (just ship it all to me and send me an invoice). I'd also have Yaqi make all my brushes with custom handles and logos. I'd have a small call center contacting every vintage/antique/resell/thrift shop in the US, to get them to pull their vintage stock and send us photos, and one buyer acquiring the stuff I like. I'd rarely use a blade more than four times. I'd build a new addition to my home with a lounge area, a cigar bar, a man cave and a shave den. All of this of course, after I've invested enough to sustain my new lavish lifestyle :)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
1) Rythmic Razor
2) Darwin DE razors
3) Birth year something-or-other
4) One of those combo, open comb on one side, and closed comb on the other side, razors
5) Lifetime supply of English Wilkinson blades
6) Lifetime supply of Mitchell's soap

I'm happy to stick with my one cheap boar brush till it falls apart, then just grab another. I'd probably also want a sample bottle of a wide range of aftershaves, so that I can choose one (and only one) to stock up on.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
With the exception of some rare razor, money is already no object for most shaving gear. It's all pretty reasonably priced. I'm already using my ideal stuff.

Hi,

Yeah me too. I've sampled a number of items from cheap $2 razors to expensive to collectable classics. I gone through the same with blades and soaps.

And much like choosing a good wine, price and rarity doesn't necessarily make it good. Personal preference does. Interestingly enough for me, I tend to have a low taste for cheap shaving items............:jump:

Thanks. After I wrote that, I thought for sure everyone would just roll their eyes at me and be like, "whatever, dude".

Not me. I agree with you, too. Learned my lesson about high monetary output = great shaves when I bought a Merkur Vision.

Still, it's fun to dream! Who doesn't dream about a nice, expansive bathroom, full of fine, gleaming razors, pewter shaving bowls, etc. I could see it.

Don

Thanks. After I wrote that, I thought for sure everyone would just roll their eyes at me and be like, "whatever, dude".

At the end of the day, it’s just shaving and I have a modest kit to get really good shaves.

My wife has stood by me for 28 years so if I had unlimited funds, I would show her the world.

Top Bottom