What's new

your opinions on these Roots boots

Roots used to make excellent shoes back in the 80's and early 90's but then they took a cheaper route and their quality fell sharply.

I was told that they recently started to make quality stuff again, so I checked out their site and saw these boots:

http://canada.roots.com/Men'sTuffer...pd.html?cgid=shoesMensBoots&selectedColor=001

Could they pass as "clean" boots?

I don't want to look like an old fart trying too hard to look young.

Any comments on the quality would also be welcome.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No idea about the quality. (Hopefully Roots is going back to its roots ... haha ... but who knows.)

They 'look' fine. My first thought was that they were Gentleman Traveller knock-offs ... which ain't a bad thing for presentable casual boots.

They look good to me and not someone trying to look young IMO. Just a nice clean looking boot.

Any chance you can find a store to try them on or you ordering online?

Thanks guys.

Any chance you can find a store to try them on or you ordering online?

I go to Montreal on a regular basis, so yes I will have a chance to try them out.

I've been following the Iron Ranger boot thread, and really like the style. Ideally I would like a similar quality boot but with a sole with more traction for winter.

Besides Roots, I couldn't find any dealer that stocks this type of boot in Montreal (I can't fathom buying something like shoes over the internet, I really have to try them first).

I'm open to suggestions in the Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec City areas.

Top Bottom