What's new

Your new, new favorite thing

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
My new favourite thing is Duc De Sandal shave soap by Henri et Victoria. They are an artisan Canadian soap maker offering an interesting variety of triple milled soaps. Mine is tallow based with lanolin, smells great, user friendly.

My MdC soaps (original and fougere) and my Simpson Duke 3 in best. I find that the scent of the fougere is a more complex version of the original yet I enjoy both equally. The Duke 3 is soft but has good backbone to it. Love the luxurious face feel of the brush

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
My new favorite thing, is applying Tabac soap lather to my face. Hey, it might not be the best scent ever, but that is not the point. Its the feel of the lather on my face in the morning, its worth getting up out of bed for, just saying. Who else enjoys applying a nice lather to their face? To me, its just one of those things that makes DE shaving worth it, well that, and of course, a smooth face lol.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My new favorite thing is my DSCosmetic Z0 v2 razor which I am pairing with an aftermarket handle. It's a stainless steel knock-off of the original Muhle R41...which from what I've read is no longer available. Provides very close shaves.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
As a beginner, wet shaving is for me the new thing!
Same here.. I just started on Feb. 15th, this year..... The surprising new thing for me is my Safety Razor, both DE and SE, "identification vocabulary" if you will. I find I'm able to identify the razors in the photos without the subtitles quite a bit faster than I thought. It's sort of scary, given how I'm resisting the urge to accumulate a bunch of razors. Hopefully, living vicariously through the members here will replace any desire to own said instruments of beauty. Not that I'm there yet... I can identify a razor as a Wolfman, but I don't know the model numbers, plates and handles by heart. ;)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I'm resisting the urge to accumulate a bunch of razors.

Hey Phoenix!

This was my plan from the very get go. Which is why I planned to only buy one razor. After looking through the available options, I decided if I was only going to buy one razor, might as well do it right. Feather AS-D2.

Great thread!

My favorite ‘thing’ is picking the kit that I will use on my AM shave! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Not sure about you BigJ, but the picking out process for me is “spur of the moment”….No, I don’t lay out my kit the night before like mom did for my school clothes as a youngster, but I generally start the hot water running and then just start randomly gathering up my kit.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hey Phoenix!

This was my plan from the very get go. Which is why I planned to only buy one razor. After looking through the available options, I decided if I was only going to buy one razor, might as well do it right. Feather AS-D2.
I'm hoping you get the issues with your Feather AS-D2 sorted..... I'll be keeping an eye out for the rest of the story.

Proraso red Super Formula. Moved it into a Ziploc container for easier storage/stacking under the sink. A phenomenal soap.
C63D2C9B-4A4C-464A-A2D4-A2F41ABD3D08.jpeg
100E2BC7-A240-43AD-9341-EABD3E24DAE7.jpeg

Last edited:
My new favorite thing is my DSCosmetic Z0 v2 razor which I am pairing with an aftermarket handle. It's a stainless steel knock-off of the original Muhle R41...which from what I've read is no longer available. Provides very close shaves.
Which handle are you pairing with?

The R41GS is available from Mühle and vendors online

While I’ve been headed in this direction for a while, my new new thing is loose extra hydrated lather. Borderline runny. Been getting some great shaves this way as it’s super slick. I’m sure I’ll drift back the other direction at some point, but I’ve had nothing but stellar shaves the past month or two, and I think this is a contributing factor.

Top Bottom