What's new

Your favorite blade with EJ DE89

Sensitive skin, no idea on beard type,lol

Derby, Feather, Astra, Shark, Derby, Gillette 7 Green

I think so far, the one I liked most was Astra

they all worked good! I need more time to tune it in....

The Jagger distributor in the UK recommended Derbys after I hacked my face to pieces with a Feather blade. The Derbys worked well, but as my technique improved, I found that I was able to get a better shave with fewer passes (2-1/2 instead of 3-1/2) using a Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue or a Bic Chrome Platinum.

My new Bull Mastiff XXL handle from Bob's Razor Works should arrive later this week & I can't wait. I have large hands and this just may make my 89 the perfect razor for me.

Precission (Israeli Personna), Perma-Sharp, Gillette Platinum (white box, silver text) :: a little above average sensitive to irritation and dry skin, not very dense a little above average tough hairs.

Thanks for the ideas. I have been reading up on the Personna Lab/Med preps. I'll have to figure out a way to get a sample of those so I don't have to buy 100 of them (or 250).

Thanks for the ideas. I have been reading up on the Personna Lab/Med preps. I'll have to figure out a way to get a sample of those so I don't have to buy 100 of them (or 250).

I got a small pack of Labs from West Coast Shaving a few weeks back, didn't notice if they had a small pack of med preps, they definitely had the med preps, just can't recall if it was a small pack. Probably worth a shot to check though.

Derby's have worked well in my EJ, but the best so far have been Personna Red. I have about average beard type.

Derby's ar my fall back on blade. Don't know why.............just do the job and do it well (for me).

+1 on the Derby's, also feed it Feather's when multiple days growth. Medium beard, shave in the shower.

I agree with the Derbies, I think the AStras may be next 4 me.

Whiskers relatively fine, skin not especially sensitive - I probably like Red Personna best in my EJ (and I do think different blades work better in different razors).

Lab Blue worked best in the EJ89 that I had.

But, Gillette Superspeeds worked better for me, and now my triangular hole Ball End Tech works even better, so... the EJ was sold to fund more razors. The Lab Blue has worked in everything so far exceptionally well. Feather are awesome one shave and toss blades, unfortunately after one shave on my face feathers are duller than new derbys...

polsilvers... have to see what that is.

Thanks for the input all. When my stuff arrives, I plan to try the derbys first.

Top Bottom