What's new

Your Favorite Aftershave Balms

I am a big fan of aftershave balms. I currently have or have used Neutrogena Triple Protect, L'Ocstaine Cade, DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk, Proraso, Pre de Provence, and GFT Skinfood. I need to replace some balms and need to replace some. I care less about scent and more about how it works on face and neck. I need to replace my DR Harris but want to try something new. Any recommendations?

I haven't used many balms, but I like Stirling's Executive Man balm. It's a bit thicker than Nivea Sensitive, which I also like. I prefer the scent of the Stirling balm, but the texture of the Nivea balm, which has almost no scent.

Proraso for sensitive skin. My skin isn’t sensitive, but this rubs in rapidly and doesn’t leave your face or hands greasy. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't usually use balms. I don't like most of them. The best one I've tried is Myrsol Emulsion. It doesn't leave my face overly greasy and it has wonderful healing properties.

I recently received Captain's Choice shave balm. Great stuff. It really makes my face feel better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Triumph & Disaster. Got a sampler and will be purchasing. Expensive, but I use so much less than my current ASB (Nivea for Sensitive) that I figure it will be a wash over the long term, and it works better to boot!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Castle Forbes 1445 - Sample - great scent
Christian Dior Suavage - great scent, wonderful gift from my wonderful wife.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
CeraVe moisturizer. HLA rich, it immediately relieves that after-shave tightness one sometimes gets, and really does improve skin texture and appearance. Scentless, which I appreciate, as it does not interfere or conflict with the day's frag.

I use the cream, which is quite thick, so I apply a few dabs to wet skin and gently rub; that way, it penetrates and goes to work right away without leaving a greasy film.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Clinique for Men is my favorite. Not scented and it incorporates almost instantly and requires little product.

I've used Castle Forbes and it's very good. It seems expensive, but you only need a couple of drops and a bottle lasts forever. That's actually my problem with CF, it's difficult to get two drops from the bottle (open neck). When I use 3-4 drops it remains on my face, and then on my cell phone.

Clinique for men...to me, everything else is secondary. Have some Nivea Sensitive, it is satisfactory, and I occasionally use it. And a bit after applying, I ask myself why I didn't use the Clinigue. Have said it before, I'll say it again...Nivea fans are missing out.

Top Bottom