What's new

Young Mans Fedora

My son has been eying a Fedora for a while and really would like one for the prom so I am told. All I know about is ball caps and British driving caps if I need to dress up. I have looked high and low and feel lost. I tried to get logged in to the Fedora Lounge, but they do not know who John Steinbeck is. I have did a search here also. I guess he would need polyester for year round wear. For size I am unsure other than his head measures 22 inch circumference. I would like to think I could get one for $45 or so.

Legion

Staff member
Are you sure he wants a fedora, or is he more thinking of a trilby? It might be hard for a young kid to pull off a fedora.

Are you sure he wants a fedora, or is he more thinking of a trilby? It might be hard for a young kid to pull off a fedora.

I am finding the Trilby to be more the style he has leaned to before I just did not know what i was looking at. He also could go with a narrow brim Fedora I think 1 3/4 max. I have spent the last two hours looking. He would need a black medium, not sure of the material.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Last edited:
I'm with Phil. The "stingy brim" look is available in most major retail clothing outlets. Spending more on a lid that will likely see little use doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, it would be a good gateway if he gets the bug. I started wearing a "bucket hat" years ago, and then just decided that a real fedora would be better.

Top Bottom