What's new

Your most prized or treasured safety razor (with pictures)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
So, not what you wish but what you have that you believe is your crown razor! It's that razor that you own that is not priceless but you hold it dearly. You may use it or only display.

In my case, it's a cased 3 pieces LeGrelot safety razor. I cannot remember where I got it (I believe eBay France). I have no recollection on how much I paid for it. I never used it. It's not a pristine razor but I bought it back in the days as I never saw one. Even today, I don't think that I have seen that many floating around. Maybe I should try to shave with it one day. It might be the best razor I ever own and I won't know...
IMG_2010.JPGIMG_2011.JPGIMG_2012.JPGIMG_2013.JPG

What have you got?

I have three, two vintage and one modern. The modern shaves the best. My Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB head on my @Rosseforp RIP GTB 14.3 mm x 80 mm and weighing in at 19.2 grams handle. The head cost me 250 USD and the handle was 80. Not the most expensive Wolf on the block. I use this razor most of the time. Doug was a great guy and made darn fine handles.
image.jpg

Runners up tied for second are my 30’s RFB short comb Rotbart Mond Extra, and my first gen OC British Aristocrat. Both razors are beautiful and my treasures. They are great for shorter interval shaves while the WR2 will knock down a week’s worth of stubble which is why they don’t get the number one spot. If I judged by which I find the most attractive I would be hard pressed to pick, maybe the first gen crat? I just don’t know.
photo_2022-02-05_14-37-18.jpg

IMG_1235.jpeg

I have three, two vintage and one modern. The modern shaves the best. My Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB head on my @Rosseforp RIP GTB 14.3 mm x 80 mm and weighing in at 19.2 grams handle. The head cost me 250 USD and the handle was 80. Not the most expensive Wolf on the block. I use this razor most of the time. Doug was a great guy and made darn fine handles.
View attachment 1836277
Runners up tied for second are my 30’s RFB short comb Rotbart Mond Extra, and my first gen OC British Aristocrat. Both razors are beautiful and my treasures. They are great for shorter interval shaves while the WR2 will knock down a week’s worth of stubble which is why they don’t get the number one spot. If I judged by which I find the most attractive I would be hard pressed to pick, maybe the first gen crat? I just don’t know.
View attachment 1836279
View attachment 1836281
The Aristocrat is a Rhodium plated No 15, which is why I have never entertained the thought of getting it replated although the brass is showing through in places. She has been loved and used and shows it. A lot of history in that razor.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
View attachment 1836277
View attachment 1836279
View attachment 1836281
The handle on the Wolf kicks it up several notches IMHO. Very nice.

What have you got?
Way, way, way too many. :o11:

You may use it or only display.
Hell NO! It is buried .... not even in the display portion, the orientation means UV light is my real arch anemone. ❌
It comes down to 3? or 5? or 9? maybe 21?
So I selected one [1] on pure condition, condition, condition!

How buried?

1-IMG_20240428_075035~2_1.jpg
1-IMG_20240428_075126.jpg
1-IMG_20240428_075145~2.jpg
1-IMG_20240428_075242~2.jpg
1-IMG_20240428_075400~2.jpg
1-IMG_20240428_075501~2.jpg

The razor is not from the litho tin, but is an example of what is in the tin. I'm even reluctant to open the tin too many times as it is scratched if opened too far.

:D

Top Bottom