What's new

You are forced to thin your soap herd to 3...which ones?

Let's just assume by either natural or man-made mandates, you must reduce your shaving soap herd down to 3 soaps only for life...which ones make the cut? And why?

For me, it's:

MWF: love the scent, lather, and how it makes my face feel after the shave.

Arko stick: like the scent, quick lather, and how my face feels after the shave.

LaToja stick: love, love, love the scent!

There are a couple I haven't tried yet but will be doing so in the next few months, so absent those:

Vintage Yardley
Edit: MdC . How could I forget I had this. Leaving the MWF behind.
Proraso Red

Last edited:
Van der Hagen Luxury - its the best inexpensive soap, and there needs to be one of the three which is included for price considerations.

Castle Forbes - actually a cream, but I suppose that counts. Simply the best.

AOS - another high quality soap.

I only have three at the moment: MdC, DR Harris Arlington and GFT Limes. The Limes is nearly finished, but I still have another puck that I got at the same time as the wooden bowl original.

If I ever finish these, I would definitely replace the MdC and DRH, but I might try a different third soap.

Razorock XXX
VDH Luxury unscented (this way I can melt it down and add any scent I want)
La Toja stick (even though I'm not a fan of the stick platform, it's still a great soap)

Let's just assume by either natural or man-made mandates, you must reduce your shaving soap herd down to 3 soaps only for life...which ones make the cut? And why?

For me, it's:

MWF: love the scent, lather, and how it makes my face feel after the shave.

Arko stick: like the scent, quick lather, and how my face feels after the shave.

LaToja stick: love, love, love the scent!
Arko stick, Tabac stick, La Toja stick

Gus/BOTOC

Cella
Proraso
DR Harris

That way I have soft, medium, and hard soaps all covered for variety and performance :thumbup:

Top Bottom