What's new

Yosh Sombre Negra

I got a decant of this from archerfire. I tried it out today and everyone was commenting on it, and positively. That in itself is pretty unusual but even more weird is two separate women told me I smelled like their boyfriends. First thing out of their mouths upon meeting me...I really doubt it smells like some other scent and i definitely doubt they would be wearing sombre negra since it's niche and just came out last year, maybe their boyfriends were smokers?

I find it an unusual scent. smells like raw bacon or some other smoked meat when you spray it on. then its a crazy combo of smoke, patchouli, vetiver, tobacco, oakmoss and incense but doesn't exactly smell like any of them. I also got completely nose blind to it after an hour but people around me said I was potent, which never happens to me, I always smell scents all day long. Maybe I'm getting a cold?

Anyway, anyone else try this? thoughts?

Smelled this at the summer Elements Showcase. I liked quite a but, but not enough to purchase. Don't recall the bacon, but I sniffed a lot of stuff that day.

I really like this one. I get earthy leather tobacco. Strong stuff, though I agree that I get quickly acclimated to the scent. I could still smell it quite strongly for a couple of days on my jacket collar. I see what you mean about the smoked meat. For me maybe it's a little like beef jerky? I've only tried it once so far. Definitely a good weekend scent for me. I might try a light application on one of these work days to see how it wears in the office.

I kept thinking it was a leather too, but when i checked the notes it doesn't list leather. Perhaps its the strong smoke but I really got a birch tar leather smell from it. Later on I could make out oakmoss pretty clear but to me it didn't smell like vetiver or tobacco or incense that the reviews online say, it was more of a smoke/leather/oakmoss to me.

I found this on LuckyScent:

Perfumer Notes: ”I launched a Limited Edition Sombre Negra exclusively with LuckyScent in 2010. That fragrance to me was dark and edgy. Very dense. I wanted to explore the idea of shadows and their mutations so I decided to create a new edition of Sombre Negra. The new M:001 Sombre Negra incorporates citrus top notes that reflect a flash of lightening - a spark of fire that quickly vanishes but casts new and elongated shadows. Rose, tonka and orris were added to give it some depth and fullness. Nutmeg and cumin give the fragrance a kind of vegetative musk and suede element to an otherwise smokey and leathery fragrance. It is still very masculine but Sombre Negra is also the 'boyfriend fragrance' that women are falling in love with and keeping for themselves.

The confusing thing is that there are two sombre negra perfumes from yosh...
Funny she says its smoky and leathery with rose, but then none of those are listed in the notes provided after that paragarpah heh...

Top Bottom