What's new

Yeti Snot vs Cryogen

Well I tried Cryogen twice in the last 4 days. What a complete letdown. I barely knew it had menthol in it. I was all excited to get blown away by the freezer burn, but it never happened. No cold, no burn , no smell.
Anyone used Yeti Snot and Cryogen ? Is Snot better? Cuz I’ve been let down and need a real menthol pick me up.

Well I tried Cryogen twice in the last 4 days. What a complete letdown. I barely knew it had menthol in it. I was all excited to get blown away by the freezer burn, but it never happened. No cold, no burn , no smell.
Anyone used Yeti Snot and Cryogen ? Is Snot better? Cuz I’ve been let down and need a real menthol pick me up.
Get a face freeze with Honeybee's Peppermint & Menthol.

I've never tried Cryogen, but Yeti Snot will definitely chill your face.
Follow it up with Osage Rub for the full chilling experience

Proraso green preshave and soap is the coldest i can handle, stirlings margaritas in the arctic by itself is too cold for me most of the time. I imagine if you put some proraso green preshave with one of the glacial soaps from stirling you'd get something unreasonably cold.

I'm a menthol junkie too although I've never tried Cryogen. I just tried adding menthol crystals to Aqua Velva Ice Blue and it worked great. 1/4 teaspoon of crystals to 5 oz of aftershave lotion gave it a nice kick. And you can always add more to suit your preference. :)

Wait. There is actually a shave product called . . .

. . . Yeti Snot???

** checks on DuckDuckGo **

Well, I'll be a marmalade cat in a breakfast basket. . . .

Last edited:
Wait. There is actually a shave product called . . .

. . . Yeti Snot???

** checks on DuckDuckGo **

Well, I'll be a marmalade cat in a breakfast basket. . . .

Oh yes, and it's good stuff, in my opinion.
It lathers very nicely, and will leave a nice chill on your face. Perfect for a cold winter day, and a cold-water shave.

Cryogen is definitely a menthol force to be reckoned with but: It has no tangible scent and it's hard to lather well. Yet Snot smells very nice, it's also very cold however it's quite difficult to get good lather from it and it (to me) lacks post-shave care.

I tried Cryogen again yesterday and was again left disappointed. I ordered some Snot a few weeks ago but it supposedly just got shipped so it might be a while before I can try it out. Hopefully it’ll work better for me than Cryogen .

Congratulations, but for me, it just doesn't matter . . . I'm never using anything called 'Yeti Snot,' I don't care if it's the greatest thing since hot water.

I have tried them both and yes Yeti is better. It is a hard thing to order on the yeti site. You will get it 3 weeks later? I do love the AS he sales as well.
He sales a cream soap on Mikes emporium. There are good reviews for this. I just do not need more soap. The AS you can only order on the yeti sight. Good stuff I would recommend it.

I'm a menthol junkie too although I've never tried Cryogen. I just tried adding menthol crystals to Aqua Velva Ice Blue and it worked great. 1/4 teaspoon of crystals to 5 oz of aftershave lotion gave it a nice kick. And you can always add more to suit your preference. :)

I have a question where can you purchase menthol crystals non mail delivery?
Thanks

I'm surprised by the responses, because I felt let down by Yeti Snot. Not as cold as I was hoping.

I have a question where can you purchase menthol crystals non mail delivery?
Well most people just get them from Amazon or e-Bay. But some have success locally, just depends on what is available near you. You can try Whole Foods or other natural/health food stores. Also check Mom/Pop pharmacies, they might be able to order them for you if they don't stock. Also, vaping stores or tobacco shops that cater to vapers.

I just ordered some M-Bomb from The Shavers Den to add to my Cryogen. Hopefully that will help my quest.

What a name for a soap!

Yeti Snot? Is it really that cold or is it exaggerated? I heard Stirling Soaps have something even colder.

Rick

What a name for a soap!

Yeti Snot? Is it really that cold or is it exaggerated? I heard Stirling Soaps have something even colder.

Rick

I've never tried Stirling Soaps, but Yeti Snot is very chilly.
Before I finished my puck, I would use it on the first day of snowfall.

My Stirling Glacial is the coldest thing I've ever tried. The menthol fumes in the lather make my eyes water.
I don't think they have straight up Glacial anymore, but they have Glacial variants of some of their other soaps.

+1 on the suggestion of adding Osage Rub.
Proraso pre/post cream, then a shave with Glacial, then finished with Osage Rub, and my face is colder than a really cold thing.

IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
I never saw Yeti Snot grow menthol crystals from the soap and lid like Cryogen does. The batch the original poster used was probably bad, because this stuff always makes me tear up when I use it.

Top Bottom