What's new

yet another Penhaligon's question

I think the BB in the bowl is still vein sold on the vintage blades site ok the same page as the EF in bowl. I'm trying to decide as well.

As of yesterday, they did have both bowls. I just didn't feel like springing for the bowl if I didn't have to.

Send Penhaligons a request for EdT samples for both BB and EF--they'll usually send them out for free. If one of them is significantly more appealing to you than the other, there you go!

I can tell you that I'm really happy that I did this before purchasing a BB puck. The pine note just jumps up and smacks me so hard that I can hardly imagine shaving with it.

Fwiw, I think the BB is a much closer ringer for it's respective EdT than the EF is. That said, the BB soap has a softer scent that is more subdued than the EdT. No need to be worried about getting smacked in the face.

Glad you found one, Obsessed!

As I mentioned, I requested the EdT samples but ended up buying the BB puck before they arrived. Now that I have both, I have to say I actually think that the scents of the BB soap and the EdT are pretty far apart. The soap has a warm, rich, "old world but not old man" scent that I think is very nice, while the EdT, to me, says "sanitized by Pine-Sol."

The soap also shaves very well, as you all know. I hope the new formulation is good. I don't think I'll be buying the EdT any time soon, however.

Top Bottom