What's new

yet another boring set of scales

:001_huh:
:blink:
:ohmy:
:drool:
:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

Sorry, there are no words to describe the awesomeness that this razor has, I have to say, John, you have almost outdone yourself this time... if that's even possible!:thumbup:

That is some really nice scrollwork. Did you cut by hand, or machine?

Thanks Bill!
It's all handcut with a jeweler's saw.
16 gauge nickle with a blue acrylic wedge and brass pins.
The scales weigh in just a bit less than the blade to give it a nice feel and balance.
I'm using an old gravemeister with a standard 90 graver.
I've been working with Ron Smith's books, and just try to keep getting the next one better than the last one. :001_rolle

Ok, this little fella is done.
Time for it to fly away.
The Blade smith for this razor was Charlie Lewis.
Charlie is makeing some wonderful blades and it was a great joy to get to work with such a cool craftsman.

Hope ya'll enjoy!!

That looks like something that would really fit in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

John your work is so amazing and unique that I would like to ask for your permission to post your scale work in one of my Facebook albums. I have one photo album in which I post all my restoration and unique shaving stuff. Is that okay with you? I look forward to your response. Thank you.

Terry

I'd love if you could get someone to take a picture of your hands at work. It'd be amazing to see how human hands make something like that.

That is some very nice work. I would not think that anybody could make a pair of those in less than a weeks worth of work. Really nice!

Richard

:lol::lol::lol:
I don't think anyone wants to watch a 15hr. video.
That's about the adverage time for a set of scales like these.
:thumbup1:

cheers!

Why not! You can edit out parts of the video. Brad did a 12 part series on straight razor restoration. That's how I got started in this whole hobby. Wow it's sure an expensive hobby lol. :lol:

Top Bottom