What's new

yet another boring set of scales

got tired of playing with the wosti scales and cranked out a pattern for a depew style custom a friend of mine is making.
Here's the outline of the blade and the scale pattern.

enjoy.

I'm thinking boring is not really the right choice of descriptive words here John.....

I can't wait to see these come to life.

I have a feeling that this will be something else, Something, Unique, a work of art, as well as a functional shaver

Won't say anything about how good it looks or anything like that, cos I fear that I'd run out of adjectives before it's done

From the blade outline, it is clear that there is some sort of horrible disfiguring chip at the heel of the razor. Simply send the whole thing my way, and I'll take it off your hands so it doesn't have to end up in a landfill somewhere....

:tongue_sm

Excellent as always!

From the blade outline, it is clear that there is some sort of horrible disfiguring chip at the heel of the razor. Simply send the whole thing my way, and I'll take it off your hands so it doesn't have to end up in a landfill somewhere....

:tongue_sm

Excellent as always!

Well spotted! :lol:

Wow I've never seen this on a scale. They call this filigree right? As a newbie restorer I'm always curious and fascinated in how one sources stuff like this. Would you care to share John or do you make it yourself?

You should go seeking out John's Prior works, There's some impressive metal work going on in those posts... Yeah, it's filigree, but I don't know of too many others around who have ability and patience to actually do this sort of work except for Mr JohnC :blink:

Mind you, what I'm wondering is who did the blade? Seeing as John said it was "a friend" :thumbup:

You should go seeking out John's Prior works, There's some impressive metal work going on in those posts... Yeah, it's filigree, but I don't know of too many others around who have ability and patience to actually do this sort of work except for Mr JohnC :blink:

Mind you, what I'm wondering is who did the blade? Seeing as John said it was "a friend" :thumbup:

Thanks! I wouldn't classify this pattern as filigree, more like standard vine and leaf scrollwork. The Wosti project has something closer to actuall filigree work.
As for the bladesmith.....all will be revieled in time. :w00t:

edit: Razorcon 3 will be held in Ashville, N.C. on June the 5th. This project is slated to be a door prize at the event. The event is free. Doc has a posting about it in one of the other straight forums here on B&B. Go Check It Out!!

Last edited:
Thanks! I wouldn't classify this pattern as filigree, more like standard vine and leaf scrollwork. The Wosti project has something closer to actuall filigree work.
As for the bladesmith.....all will be revieled in time. :w00t:

edit: Razorcon 3 will be held in Ashville, N.C. on June the 5th. This project is slated to be a door prize at the event. The event is free. Doc has a posting about it in one of the other straight forums here on B&B. Go Check It Out!!

Dang! Okay, so I got my terminology wrong, My bad:blushing:

Double dang that It is impossible for me to go to razorcon3, let alone see this likely beauty in the metal, or get a chance to actually _win_ her:w00t:

Dang me, Dang Me, take me out back and hang me..:thumbup:

Ok, this little fella is done.
Time for it to fly away.
The Blade smith for this razor was Charlie Lewis.
Charlie is makeing some wonderful blades and it was a great joy to get to work with such a cool craftsman.

Hope ya'll enjoy!!

Nice John...VERY NICE...if only all my scales were so boring!!!

Just flip it my way...I'll spice it up a bit :)

Top Bottom