What's new

Yaqi synthetics are just blowing my mind!!......

According to my last tracking update, my Moka Express is now in Opa Locka, FL on its way to Nashville. Hopefully it'll be home in a few days.

I am disappointed by the Sagrada brush. Nor for the knot which is great, but from the handle. I used it probably twice and now is on the bst.

I have found out that I like certain brush shapes, like concave form.

Still looking for the next tuxedo brush.

I am disappointed by the Sagrada brush. Nor for the knot which is great, but from the handle. I used it probably twice and now is on the bst.

I have found out that I like certain brush shapes, like concave form.

Still looking for the next tuxedo brush.
I would think that it wouldn't be that hard to find someone on Etsy to make you a handle to your liking and they would probably have a tuxedo knot to put in it as well... There are a few Etsy guys on your side of the pond that I've seen listed recently. Black Anvil makes some custom stuff and are located in Ireland.

My Mew Brown Moka Express came in last Friday morning - and our new mailman delivered it to the wrong address. We live in an apartment complex so it's likely he shoved it in the wrong box - we (and the office staff) have had several problems with deliveries. I told our manager what happened and wrote down all the order info with tracking number. She said she'd talk to him today and see if he could find it. He actually said I should go around to other apartment complexes and see if anyone turned it in! :censored: Somehow I'm responsible for his screw up? There's nothing I can do about it, the Post Office just rolls their eyes and Yaqi just keeps sending me emails to "Confirm Receipt of Goods" because tracking says "Delivered." I briefly thought about reordering the brush after I get paid but I'm not going to risk him losing a second one.

If he loses my Turn N Shave custom order (due this week) I'll be speaking with our local Post Master to see if I can get him "reassigned."
Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
I would think about talking to a boss before your next order, if it was me. I'm sure I would. Good luck

My Mew Brown Moka Express came in last Friday morning - and our new mailman delivered it to the wrong address. We live in an apartment complex so it's likely he shoved it in the wrong box - we (and the office staff) have had several problems with deliveries. I told our manager what happened and wrote down all the order info with tracking number. She said she'd talk to him today and see if he could find it. He actually said I should go around to other apartment complexes and see if anyone turned it in! :censored: Somehow I'm responsible for his screw up? There's nothing I can do about it, the Post Office just rolls their eyes and Yaqi just keeps sending me emails to "Confirm Receipt of Goods" because tracking says "Delivered." I briefly thought about reordering the brush after I get paid but I'm not going to risk him losing a second one.

If he loses my Turn N Shave custom order (due this week) I'll be speaking with our local Post Master to see if I can get him "reassigned."
Sorry for the rant.

That's horrible service!

My mailman was scanning the item delivered but it was still with him.

I followed up a couple of times with the local post office and now things are better.

That's horrible service!

My mailman was scanning the item delivered but it was still with him.

I followed up a couple of times with the local post office and now things are better.

Our previous mailman would deliver between 2 - 4pm but he'd wait until 6pm to key in the deliveries (I guess when he got back to the P.O.). Several times I got text messages around 6pm, "Your package was delivered in/at front office at 2:15pm." The problem is, the office closes at 5pm so I'd have to wait until the next day to get it.

On a related note, I emailed the Yaqi store at AliExpress and explained the situation, mostly to explain why I hadn't confirmed receipt of goods. I got the following email response from Chen Lijun:

Dear Jack,
We will send you a new one, we will tell you the new tracking number soon, YAQI is a responsible company, please don't worry. :001_smile

I think that's above and beyond good customer service and it says a lot about the company itself. However, being the kind of guy I am, I had to decline their offer. As I explained in my response, as much as I appreciated their offer, it wasn't their mistake so I couldn't expect them to take responsibility for it. I'll catch one when WCS restocks again and pay for UPS 2nd day shipping, it'll double the cost but at least "Wing Nut" won't have a chance to play hide and seek with it.

Last edited:
Just bought this online, 24mm - apparently it's the "Ghost" knot. I already have the Moka Mew Brown in 24mm, so curious. Apparently it's soft. Also have a Tuxedo 26mm coming - may be too big for face lathering but we'll see.
Blue+Yellow Ghost.jpg

I'd really like to see them get into some 20 - 22mm size knots. I can use 24mm just fine but that's at the upper limit of what I find enjoyable, my badgers are all 21 - 22mm and they're perfect for me. I have boars from 20 - 27mm and enjoy the lower range much more than the big Omega '98, it works well I just prefer the smaller sizes.

I'd really like to see them get into some 20 - 22mm size knots. I can use 24mm just fine but that's at the upper limit of what I find enjoyable, my badgers are all 21 - 22mm and they're perfect for me. I have boars from 20 - 27mm and enjoy the lower range much more than the big Omega '98, it works well I just prefer the smaller sizes.

Yes - I agree. I'm selling my Maseto Silverline 26mm, but that was very dense. Lather went everywhere - hard to control on the face. So remains to be seen if the Yaqi 26mm is controllable on the face. I usually think 24mm is tops.

Our previous mailman would deliver between 2 - 4pm but he'd wait until 6pm to key in the deliveries (I guess when he got back to the P.O.). Several times I got text messages around 6pm, "Your package was delivered in/at front office at 2:15pm." The problem is, the office closes at 5pm so I'd have to wait until the next day to get it.

On a related note, I emailed the Yaqi store at AliExpress and explained the situation, mostly to explain why I hadn't confirmed receipt of goods. I got the following email response from Chen Lijun:

Dear Jack,
We will send you a new one, we will tell you the new tracking number soon, YAQI is a responsible company, please don't worry. :001_smile

I think that's above and beyond good customer service and it says a lot about the company itself. However, being the kind of guy I am, I had to decline their offer. As I explained in my response, as much as I appreciated their offer, it wasn't their mistake so I couldn't expect them to take responsibility for it. I'll catch one when WCS restocks again and pay for UPS 2nd day shipping, it'll double the cost but at least "Wing Nut" won't have a chance to play hide and seek with it.
You are kind guy about that, it's a good thing that postal guy doesn't lose someones, $30,000 hep C monthly pills, he might do that also. Dude needs to be made responsable so someone, the wrong person might get the wrong pills and then what? Just saying .

I'm waiting on a custom brush from Turn N Shave now too. Milton had it ready to ship late Friday, like after 5pm so I assume he sent it Monday. I paid for USPS Priority shipping but I haven't heard if it's been sent yet, haven't gotten a tracking number. The missing Yaqi happened the same day Milton sent me a pic of my shipping label to verify my address - to late too request UPS. As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to file a complaint with the Postmaster, one of my credit cards is due to expire next month so there should be a replacement card coming any time now, I don't want that disappearing too.

Dear Jack,

That's really good and honest of you to decline Yaqi's replacement!

I hope your complaint gets taken seriously! Not many things exist that are as frustrating as lost mail/careless postman!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've got a Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf on the way. It seems they have these timed mini-sales on certain products -- the 26mm was on sale for $10.40 with free shipping (it's now back up to $14,86). So now I obsessively follow, track and visit the site daily looking for other deals; but it's been quiet for the last couple of weeks.

As for the Timber Wolf, this will be my 1st Yaqi -- thanks to everyone on this thread for that! -- and it's been 10 days since I ordered....delivery time from China is nothing new to me, but it's still a bit unnerving.

For those with inconsistent-to-lousy mail service, I feel your pain. Most everyone I know around here actually rents a UPS mailbox so they can actually receive their packages. It's an expensive (and should be unnecessary) way to go, but it does give me a lot more piece of mind.

I've got a Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf on the way. It seems they have these timed mini-sales on certain products -- the 26mm was on sale for $10.40 with free shipping (it's now back up to $14,86). So now I obsessively follow, track and visit the site daily looking for other deals; but it's been quiet for the last couple of weeks.

As for the Timber Wolf, this will be my 1st Yaqi -- thanks to everyone on this thread for that! -- and it's been 10 days since I ordered....delivery time from China is nothing new to me, but it's still a bit unnerving.

For those with inconsistent-to-lousy mail service, I feel your pain. Most everyone I know around here actually rents a UPS mailbox so they can actually receive their packages. It's an expensive (and should be unnecessary) way to go, but it does give me a lot more piece of mind.
Sounds nice that you got a new brush on the way for a good sale price too. Was that off of AliExpress website?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Yes. I'm relatively new to the AliExpress website, but appears that Yaqi has a little "store front" within the site. Maybe all of the AliExpress vendors operate that way, I'm not sure.

Top Bottom