What's new

Yankee Lather Catcher

Um...wow. I never thought I would see the day a 1914 would exceed $100. We have obviously been hyping SE's way too much and have only ourselves to blame for the spike in prices! :lol:

That Yankee is nice...probably a good thing the seller didnt ship to Canada :laugh:

The Ever Ready I was interested in but it exceeded my buying price (by a lot!!)

I was watching that boxed 1914 too - never thought it would hit $100.
Is there an SE "thing" happening on the Bay these days? I hope not!

I am thinking/hoping that the 1914 went for so much due to the wooden box. I would guess 2 or more really wanted that unique set and bid themselves up. I fear we may have talked up the SE experience too much as well.

I am thinking/hoping that the 1914 went for so much due to the wooden box. I would guess 2 or more really wanted that unique set and bid themselves up. I fear we may have talked up the SE experience too much as well.

$90 seems like a lot of money for a wood box, but it's a nice box.

-jim

The Ever-Ready Mahogonite wood case set sold for $1.00 in 1925, roughly $13 today. $100 is a crazy high price for the set, even though it appears to be in excellent shape.

The Ever-Ready Mahogonite wood case set sold for $1.00 in 1925, roughly $13 today. $100 is a crazy high price for the set, even though it appears to be in excellent shape.

The Mahogonite bakelite cases are very nice though, but I wouldn't pay $100 for those either. Looking at the bidders, the winner may not have had a good idea of the value of this item. Or just has the cash and doesn't care.

-jim

Is there an SE "thing" happening on the Bay these days? I hope not!

If you talk about something in a positive way enough, word gets out.

When I wanted to find out more about SE blades, this forum was the first return on my search.

Once in, I immediately saw multiple threads on how great SE's are.

I don't really think anything unusual is going on with SE's on the bay. If you search back far enough in the archives there are posts from 4-5 years ago about trying to keep SE's a secret and the prices going up there.

No explanation for what some things sell for when you have two crazies who don't know what they are bidding on

Top Bottom