What's new

Y'all invited to a Happy Birthday to Me PIF PARTY! (PIF)

I'm in for #1.

I would have to say my best present was one I got for my second birthday. That was the day that the US landed on the moon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Im in for the Cadet. Ive never tried a non-vintage razor, so this could be a first for me. My favorite birthday gift to date was my VDH luxury set that my family bought for me. I absolutely love the apothecary mug and the soap is fantastic.

I'm in for #2. Happy birthday! Best birthday gift, years ago when I was younger my wife bought me a cool Hamilton watch. Of course she said it was birthday, xmas, next birthday etc.... rolled into one gift. But very cool!

I'm in for PIF #2.

Happy Birthday!

I don't remember bad birthday gifts as I usually toss them. But if you want me to tell you about bad gifts in general then I'll shall point you to my blog for things my in-laws have given to me, or us, as gifts. One or two might have been birthday gifts. Trust me, it's worth a look.
http://lamaramal.wordpress.com/category/gifts/

As for favorite.. hmmm... The Merkur23c that my wife gave me last year that started me on this traditional wetshaving journey.

The old double nickels, happy bday hope your day goes great.

I would like to be in for #2.

I think I was in my early 20's and an ex-girlfriend broke up with me on my birthday. Best present I could have ever gotten. As a side note my only gift given to me. With my bday so close to x-mas (to me not that close) everyone would say they would just add it to my x-mas gift. Usually my friends and some family take each other out to dinner for our bdays so I guess spending time with those we care about is a decent present.

I'll play along for number 1. If I win, it'll be gifted to my Dad to help encourage him to DE shave. It's also his birth year!

Worst birthday cake ever... 4 years old. My cake was a blue semicircle bunny with coconut topping. It was an Easter cake. I suppose it was cute enough for a 4 year old. The only problem is that Easter was 10 days before my birthday in 1989. :glare:

Happy birthday! Here's hoping you've only seen half of them so far.

Please count me in for number one.

My favourite birthday gift was a weekend getaway to Boston to see the Jays play, followed by a drive to Connecticut to see some friends at their lake house and finished off with a couple of days in Manhattan. It was a heck of a long weekend.

I reckon I should create running lists for each PIF, so if I miss anyone please edit accordingly or let me know...

PIF #1: 1958 Gillette SuperSpeed TV Special:

1. vyse993
  2. Pasttense
  3. Bentley72
  4. Mike1
  5. JayEddie
  6. whtwolf
  7. jzuzfreek
  8. ironfisted

PIF #2: Cadet SSH01:

1. n2hql
  2. blackhawk
  3. havok305
  4. The Dean
  5. dymaxon
  6. Feather99
  7. bccraig.waciii
  8. tlentz
  9. lamar
  10. opurerockfury
  11. KindestCutofAll
  12. icsb63

Last edited:
Happiest of birthdays to you. And here is hoping this is the first day of your best year yet.
I am in for #1, the superspeed!
The best gift I have been given for my birthday is my actual birth.
There are only two kinds of luck in the world: where and when you are born, and who you are born to. I hit the lottery on both counts. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Cheers!

Happy Birthday. Perfect timing for this as my Birthday is also in July.
In for #2
My wife (girlfriend at the time) bought me a black sweater with faux leather collar connecting to 2 stripes going down the front. This was the mid 90's and the sweater was hideous. I had to re-gift it.

I would be in for the 1: A 1958 D3 Gillette SuperSpeed TV Special.

I am not telling you about the worst birthday I ever had. Now that I think about it it ties with that other birthday, that was bad to.

Actually after turning twelve our family did not celebrate birthdays any more.

I'll think of something.

In for #2... Never tried a OC and love how this one looks.

Favorite birthday was the year I met my wife, we were currently dating only a month and she threw me party.
Least favorite = 21st I made a drunken fool of myself, I waited a few weeks to drink again.

In on #2.

Easily the best birthday gift I received was not one, but TWO copies of the spice girls movie when I was in grade 1. Haha

Happy Birthday!! :happybday:

I'm in for #2.

My Fiance surprised me with a large canvas painting of the night we first said "I love you" to each other.

Top Bottom