What's new

XPEC Unscented?

It’s ok. Too hyped up IMO. The original is strongly scented and mood dependent. I think tubrose heavy. For the money I’d go with any of the Valobra tallow soaps.

Last edited:
Indeed. Almost as spectacular as this mornings shave :thumbup1:
I have always figured that if a company had a really popular unscented variety that the performance must be good! For me the scents are very important, but lots of people do get this in the unscented. My jar is a couple years old and the scent is dissipated somewhat but still quite present.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I have always figured that if a company had a really popular unscented variety that the performance must be good! For me the scents are very important, but lots of people do get this in the unscented. My jar is a couple years old and the scent is dissipated somewhat but still quite present.

A few years ago a generous member here sent me a sample of Xpec scented. Now, I know some people enjoy that scent, but to me it was just awful. Seriously bad. But the performance was...wow! I'm just glad they make it in an unscented version. One could always add essential oils to give the unscented their personal spin.

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The scented always had a kind of ‘fecal’ whang to me, which people also say of Czech and Speake Cuba, so that trait is not unique. Not everyone ‘gets’ that smell, so probably noses have something to do with it too. But it isn’t a scent that you want to wear around strangers that you might want to impress.

I scented an entire tub with Domenico Caraceni 1913, and if you’ve been around long enough to remember, DC made a shaving cream, and it was XPEC with the 1913 scent.

it’s also great to cut creams with a lot of fragrance like Dior or Floris, and it’s cheaper so it stretches your dollars.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
The scented always had a kind of ‘fecal’ whang to me, which people also say of Czech and Speake Cuba, so that trait is not unique. Not everyone ‘gets’ that smell, so probably noses have something to do with it too. But it isn’t a scent that you want to wear around strangers that you might want to impress.

I scented an entire tub with Domenico Caraceni 1913, and if you’ve been around long enough to remember, DC made a shaving cream, and it was XPEC with the 1913 scent.

it’s also great to cut creams with a lot of fragrance like Dior or Floris, and it’s cheaper so it stretches your dollars.

Speak of the devil... I remember the sample of 1913 scented Xpec you sent me. I can't imagine there is a nicer rose scented shave cream.

Top Bottom