What's new

XPEC Unscented?

Has anyone tried the unscented XPEC? What do you think? Performance compared to the Original, I've heard is identical. Just curious if it's truly, completely unscented, or does it have a light aroma of some kind?

Thanks

Has anyone tried the unscented XPEC? What do you think? Performance compared to the Original, I've heard is identical. Just curious if it's truly, completely unscented, or does it have a light aroma of some kind?

Thanks

I use unscented soaps and creams exclusively. Although unscented, many have a slight scent which I didn't realized I liked until I tried XPEC unscented. XPEC is the only truly unscented product that I have used. It's a great performer as you would expect, but I prefer the subtle scents in: MdC unscented, MWF which is pretty much unscented, TOBS unscented, AOS unscented.

I use unscented soaps and creams exclusively. Although unscented, many have a slight scent which I didn't realized I liked until I tried XPEC unscented. XPEC is the only truly unscented product that I have used. It's a great performer as you would expect, but I prefer the subtle scents in: MdC unscented, MWF which is pretty much unscented, TOBS unscented, AOS unscented.

Thanks!

I tried a sample of it (and the scented one) which I got from Connaught Shaving.

I think I preferred the unscented one. Performance-wise it was good, but not much different than the Muhle Organic which I'm using.

Get the samples and decide for yourself.

The Unscented smells like nothing and works just like the original--without that pesky suggestion of granny pee.

The scented version of XPEC must be rough, I read one description "rotten sandalwood with a touch of vomit." Yikes, and I thought Arko was bad...

First of all, you're right about Arko. Nasty stuff for sure.

Second, that description of scented XPEC is way off the mark. It's got a dirty, almost hauntingly Gothic kinda rose thing going with some pepper tossed in the mix. It's what C&S #88 tries to be but doesn't quite make it. More than a little addicting frag.

Saying that, I have to mention this is what the older version's like. Haven't huffed the reformulated one but I see reviews all over the board for both the scent and performance. Wide range of opinions.

There's a guy in Italy named 'oudroyal' who has what I'm pretty sure are NOS unscented tubs. No boxes but I would bet these are the paraben loaded creams with aloe still in the mix. There was a group buy on another non Yankee forum a while back and everyone was happy with what they received. Very cheap, but shipping was pricey for US residents. I wanna say that 2 NOS tubs ran me just over $100 total to Chicago so still reasonable for over 16 ounces of extinct wonderfulness.

Anyway, dat's an option.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Teuly unscented, truly good, and Connaught has a good price on it. Remember it’s 250ml, about twice what you get with many other creams. It’s also great for cutting strongly scented creams like Floris and Christian Dior, it really stretches your dollars/£/€ with them.

Didn’t even know that Christian Dior had a shaving cream!

I had tried samples of XPEC a while ago but I don’t recall being wow’ed by the performance or the scent.

By comparison, to give an idea of my likes MdC has amazing performance (and decent scent) while St. James of London has amazing scents, decent performance but caused a lot of burning for my skin.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Actually I saw that Connaught has it on sale so I bought one, even though i told myself I was done with acquisitions for awhile. $33 shipped to the U.S is a great price, to good for me to pass up.

Actually I saw that Connaught has it on sale so I bought one, even though i told myself I was done with acquisitions for awhile. $33 shipped to the U.S is a great price, to good for me to pass up.
haha. This is the problem with being on B&B.

I really like Xpec unscented. Thanks for mentioning that Connaught has it back in stock. It had been sold out for a while. I have about half a tub of the original formula, but I prefer the newer version. It seems that I get a little more moisturizing from the new stuff with a better post-shave feel. The old stuff is still nice and slick during the shave, but I get a little bit of a burning sensation that I don't get with the new stuff.

Top Bottom