What's new

XIKAR PuroTemp Digital Hygrometers

Anyone use the round on? The current model states that there's no calibration needed and doesn't appear to even offer the ability. I'm curious if they're actually accurate out of the box.

Anyone use the round on? The current model states that there's no calibration needed and doesn't appear to even offer the ability. I'm curious if they're actually accurate out of the box.
Reject a hygrometer that doesn't offer calibration unless you can return it and until you've checked its accuracy with a Boveda calibration kit.

Do a search of Xikar hygrometers on Amazon and read the reviews...pay attention to the 1-3 star reviews.

Check out the Caliber IV Digital hygrometer.

I have the round one in the humidor I keep at my office. As advertised, it's accurate out of the box. Passed the Boveda calibration test that I put all my hygrometers through. I've put it up against my other hygrometers that I'm able to calibrate and it's right up there with them; plus or minus a degree here and there. Close/accurate enough for my needs.

yea you can't calibrate any of the new xikar hygrometers, which sucks. The good thing about them still is that if they are off, you can just exchange it for a new one. I have heard about calibers hygrometers and they are suppose to be pretty top notch stuff. But I use the xikar purotemp wireless ones now. I also used boveda packs to confirm RH before i used them. I use 2 base units with 6 hygrometers. It makes it easy being able to check RH without physically going through everything.

I'd be using it in a small freebie humidor that I got in a sampler from CI, so the size is very attractive. Plus, with Xikar's warranty, if it wasn't accurate, I could always swap it out for another.

yea you can't calibrate any of the new xikar hygrometers, which sucks. The good thing about them still is that if they are off, you can just exchange it for a new one. I have heard about calibers hygrometers and they are suppose to be pretty top notch stuff. But I use the xikar purotemp wireless ones now. I also used boveda packs to confirm RH before i used them. I use 2 base units with 6 hygrometers. It makes it easy being able to check RH without physically going through everything.

I really like the idea of the PuroTemp Wireless system. If I get to the point of having multiple humidors, that's the route that I'm going to go.

Thanks a lot Boris, now I want one of those suckers as well.

I got in just under the wire, getting my calibratable Xikar round hygrometer shortly before they went to the noncalibratable model. It works well and as far as I can tell it hasn't needed any recalibration since the first time I calibrated it, so I imagine precalibrated noncalibratable models ought to be fine.

Round is a little awkward in my humidor though, something more cigar-shaped would fit better.

I really like the idea of the PuroTemp Wireless system. If I get to the point of having multiple humidors, that's the route that I'm going to go.

i have the wireless 1 n i would say get it cuz its def worth it n saves the headache of checking all hygrometers the only thing is it can only go 2 rooms away or it loses signal

Top Bottom