What's new

Xikar Allume Lighter Rattles

I just got a new Xikar cigar lighter in the maill, the Allume Double, and upon opening it notice that there's a rattle coming from inside the lighter. It's not coming from the sidebar that's pressed to fire the lighter or the doors that cover the jets. I haven't gassed it up yet and am wondering if I should hold off and just exchange it.

Has anyone run into this with a Xikar lighter before? It's a little disappointing given the quality that I expected.

I am constantly having issues with my xikar lighter. I've already had to have one replaced for leaking, no on my second and it's the old boy style. The knob that keeps the flint in is constantly coming loose and now the top section is entirely loose. I'm one who wished they'd never bought a xikar lighter. They give the lifetime warranty for a reason unfortunately.

Figured it out, there's a little rod in there that slides to lock the lighter from firing when it's upside down so that it can't fire in your pocket.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am constantly having issues with my xikar lighter. I've already had to have one replaced for leaking, no on my second and it's the old boy style. The knob that keeps the flint in is constantly coming loose and now the top section is entirely loose. I'm one who wished they'd never bought a xikar lighter. They give the lifetime warranty for a reason unfortunately.
go to an authorized dealer and see if they will let you swap it for a Resource. My local cigar shop allowed me to, as it is a little cheaper. Hated the Pipeline (Old Boy clone) but love the resource. I have had not one bit of trouble from it.

I might very well do that! I love the style and have gotten to a point I wish I would have bought a zippo insert or went all out with a corona. Those resource lighters are nice!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I might very well do that! I love the style and have gotten to a point I wish I would have bought a zippo insert or went all out with a corona. Those resource lighters are nice!
I felt the same way. Plus, i didn't care for the tamper in the Pipeline, the one on the Resource is easier to access. Don't forget to register Xikar products on line for free leather case.

I feel dumb. I bought the pipeline the other day, and while I am not having problems with it, I now feel like I should have gotten the old boy briar. I keep reading -now- that the pipeline is not a quality lighter. I will inevitably get the old boy soon. I guess the pipeline will be my travel lighter and the old boy will stay safe at home.

I feel dumb. I bought the pipeline the other day, and while I am not having problems with it, I now feel like I should have gotten the old boy briar. I keep reading -now- that the pipeline is not a quality lighter. I will inevitably get the old boy soon. I guess the pipeline will be my travel lighter and the old boy will stay safe at home.

You're best bet might be to see if you can find someone with a Xikar Resource that wants a Pipeline and trade, especially if you're going to get an Old Boy eventually anyway.

I got a response back from Xikar and just as was said here, it's the safety mechanism.

I used the lighter for the first time last night and am very happy with the function of it. The double seems like it was a good choice. Enough heat to toast and light the foot of a 56RG cigar without being overkill.

On my 3rd xikar lighter as of today. It's not a big deal to go into my tobacco shop and hand them one for another but good grief, wish I had never bought the thing! Sad when a simple $.99 bix is more reliable and lasting haha

Got my xikar pipeline replaced this weekend with another resource (this is my 3rd xikar lighter in 3 years). Got it Saturday afternoon and by last night from 6 bowls of pipes I've had to refill it once and last night it was already going weak on the flame and feels out of fuel.

Fortunately the tobacco shop said that if I want I can get store credit after this one.

I swear - worst lighters ever made.

argh, not hating mine yet, though I DO hate how the nozzle where he butane comes out (technical term here ;) ) rotates. I have to keep turning it back to point in the right direction. WHY would they make this move like that ?!?!?:mad3:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
argh, not hating mine yet, though I DO hate how the nozzle where he butane comes out (technical term here ;) ) rotates. I have to keep turning it back to point in the right direction. WHY would they make this move like that ?!?!?:mad3:

I have the same issue with mine. Works well for a while, then the nozzle slowly works its way counterclockwise until the flow of gas is too far from the spark. Grab pliers and rotate back, and it works well again. Then repeat the dance.

I have a Xikar that I don't like much either. Unless you bleed out the last of the butane, it seems like it runs out of fuel very quickly. The orifice clogs even with refined butane and it becomes difficult to light. The best pipe lighter I've had is one of those long fireplace/grill lighters. They last a very long time and you can get a stubby version. The best cigar lighter I've found is the cheap $12.95 three torch Jetline. Holds a lot of fuel in its tinted tank, and it seems it burns less fuel than my Xikar single torch.

I have one of those jetlines. How amazing is that?! Best lighter ever! Huge clear fuel tank, lights everytime, perfect for any cigar!

Just got off the phone with xikar and I told them 7 bowls and it needed refilled.

their answer, "7-8 bowls is actually a good average for the lighter due to the small tanks in their design".

Thats it - I'm done with xikar.

Sorry for the rant just wanted to share what I learned straight from xikar.

Top Bottom