What's new

www.yunnansourcing.com

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
There's no question that Scott is a big player in the world of pu'er, but for me, Steve has been even more influential. His site incorporates the best of both worlds- the speed of delivery that was formerly the sole domain of Puerh Shop with the selection of the ebay purveyors. Win win. The personalized service and ease of transaction go a long way, and I suspect I'll be placing many more orders in the future whatever the competition.

Competition is a good thing for the consumer- it keeps guys honest, prices low, and selections high. And I'd consider anyone who helps spread the word of pu'er to be one of the good guys.

There's no question that Scott is a big player in the world of pu'er, but for me, Steve has been even more influential. His site incorporates the best of both worlds- the speed of delivery that was formerly the sole domain of Puerh Shop with the selection of the ebay purveyors. Win win. The personalized service and ease of transaction go a long way, and I suspect I'll be placing many more orders in the future whatever the competition.

Competition is a good thing for the consumer- it keeps guys honest, prices low, and selections high. And I'd consider anyone who helps spread the word of pu'er to be one of the good guys.

Amen. If it wasn't for Steve, a lot of us here, including myself, would not have gotten into Pu-Erh. I have learned a huge amount since I started buying samples in the group buys. It has only spiraled from there. :biggrin:

Hello all -
Yes, Scott's US based site will be in direct competition with me. We have talked about this but came to no successful resolution. That is why I have been actively pursuing other sources and now have a 7 or more that I can use for different tea varieties. I will continue to keep my prices extremely low to build and maintain a loyal customer base. I am doing this more for the joy of bringing a fine tea drinking experience to folks than any monetary gains. Good thing too because there are no real monetary gains with my pricing structure!

Healthy competition is always good and I believe the market will be big enough to accomodate you and ys

I must say the effort you've put into it with the limited free time you have is priceless and those who know this would appreciate your contribution.

Healthy competition is always good and I believe the market will be big enough to accomodate you and ys

I must say the effort you've put into it with the limited free time you have is priceless and those who know this would appreciate your contribution.

Thanks, Sp1key and to all. I look forward to expanding even more in the future. And, when the day comes that I can retire from the job that pays the bills right now, I will be able to devote full time to a passion that I came to know in the fellowship of some truly wonderful people.

Hello all -
Yes, Scott's US based site will be in direct competition with me. We have talked about this but came to no successful resolution. That is why I have been actively pursuing other sources and now have 7 or more that I can use for different tea varieties. I will continue to keep my prices extremely low to build and maintain a loyal customer base. I am doing this more for the joy of bringing a fine tea drinking experience to folks than any monetary gains. Good thing too because there are no real monetary gains with my pricing structure!

I've suggested it before, buy why not get a half-dozen suppliers from Taobao? I (or many others) can recommend half-a-dozen supremely capable Taobao shops, where you can stock up on a much wider inventory at a much cheaper rate than Western-oriented vendors, and then sell them to US customers with the good service and swift response for which you're famed. You don't need to be able to speak Chinese - you just need to know what the cakes you want look like. Heck, I can send you 50 URLs right now of awesome cakes that aren't sold by Western-oriented vendors, which would go down well with your customers. You can bulk buy through a translation service (e.g., Taobaonow charge a puny 10%, and you pay via Paypal).

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

I've suggested it before, buy why not get a half-dozen suppliers from Taobao? I (or many others) can recommend half-a-dozen supremely capable Taobao shops, where you can stock up on a much wider inventory at a much cheaper rate than Western-oriented vendors, and then sell them to US customers with the good service and swift response for which you're famed. You don't need to be able to speak Chinese - you just need to know what the cakes you want look like. Heck, I can send you 50 URLs right now of awesome cakes that aren't sold by Western-oriented vendors, which would go down well with your customers. You can bulk buy through a translation service (e.g., Taobaonow charge a puny 10%, and you pay via Paypal).

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Thanks, I will be contacting you directly to ask some questions and get some additional information. I appreciate the help. I had looked at taobao previously but was intimidated by the language barrier and the sheer selection of items with which I had no familiarity.

Top Bottom