What's new

www.yunnansourcing.com

If any of you have noticed this, I'm sorry to bother you.

I have just noticed that Scott has his own site, www.yunnansourcing.com, which is online now. His eBay store still exist but with much reduced range of products.

I check his eBay store again, now it's all empty!

Last edited:
Was this a complete surprise? Has he contacted his customers? I have ordered from Scott and have not received any notice. He must have a huge client base.

The site looks nice. How do the prices compare to the old eBay site?

Was this a complete surprise? Has he contacted his customers? I have ordered from Scott and have not received any notice. He must have a huge client base.

The site looks nice. How do the prices compare to the old eBay site?

This link may help. Folks who actively track YS products (i.e. Hobbes & others) may be able to weigh in.

This link may help. Folks who actively track YS products (i.e. Hobbes & others) may be able to weigh in.

I believe it. I imagine that eBay is useful as a venue for a business but only to a point. There is certainly a cost savings in initial exposure and set-up, but their charges for each transaction add up.

I imagine Steve's website was an inspiration, if anything, not a cause for concern. Presumably both Steve and Scott benefit from Steve's success, as Scott supplies most of Steve's teas. Though Steve's website may have influenced some of the grace in Scott's new site.

It was a surprise to me as well, when I saw his eBay site earlier today, I thought he decided to call it a day and scale back his operation of selling tea! :eek:

He said the prices are 10% cheaper than the eBay site. He was interviewed on the site:
http://worldoftea.org/category/tea-interview/

Here you can see a picture of him, now I have a face associated with the name, Scott.:biggrin: and he also said he is setting up another site: yunnansourcing.us (I checked it earlier and it is not online yet.), I wish he would do yunnansourcing.uk as well.

It was a surprise to me as well, when I saw his eBay site earlier today, I thought he decided to call it a day and scale back his operation of selling tea! :eek:

He said the prices are 10% cheaper than the eBay site. He was interviewed on the site:
http://worldoftea.org/category/tea-interview/

Here you can see a picture of him, now I have a face associated with the name, Scott.:biggrin: and he also said he is setting up another site: yunnansourcing.us (I checked it earlier and it is not online yet.), I wish he would do yunnansourcing.uk as well.

Cool stuff! Wouldn't yunnansourcing.us be competing with Netsurf's operation?

Yes, I could see there would be a conflict of interest with Netsurf's operation, I hope there would be some agreement between Steve and Scott, as I value both of their services.

Yes, I could see there would be a conflict of interest with Netsurf's operation, I hope there would be some agreement between Steve and Scott, as I value both of their services.

As Taco mentioned earlier, Scott's new site looks similar in structure to Netsurf's site. Maybe there is partnership beyond carrying the same products... I am sure Steve will be chiming in soon :biggrin:!

On a positive note, it is good to see that Scott's able to expand his operation beyond Ebay, a testimony to his customer base. Maybe a YS kiosk on B&B is in the works :lol:!

As Taco mentioned earlier, Scott's new site looks similar in structure to Netsurf's site. Maybe there is partnership beyond carrying the same products... I am sure Steve will be chiming in soon :biggrin:!

On a positive note, it is good to see that Scott's able to expand his operation beyond Ebay, a testimony to his customer base. Maybe a YS kiosk on B&B is in the works :lol:!

Even though they might be competitors, I think that you also have to consider that shipping from China is more expensive (unless you're ordering in bulk) and some people just want one or two cakes sent quickly, in which case that can turn to jas-etea.

PS: His entire Ebay store is empty now...

I wish he would do yunnansourcing.uk as well.

Check in with Scott. Who knows, maybe he is looking for partners in Old Britannia! Just to confirm, I think Hobbes' house has limited storage space available (unless he gets that tea gazebo out back going) :biggrin: !!!

Even though they might be competitors, I think that you also have to consider that shipping from China is more expensive (unless you're ordering in bulk) and some people just want one or two cakes sent quickly, in which case that can turn to jas-etea.

Very true, although folks living in Virginia still have to pay taxes on their jas-tea purchases.

Last edited:
T

tony584

Hey guys,
I noticed the talk of Scott's YS and the link to my site: WorldofTea.org ... I'm not sure how many of you are on twitter, but we've got quite the "tea group" going on -- much similar to whats going on here. I'm glad Scott finally got his site up as well. He mentioned it when I last spoke with him. Well, anywho - us tea nerd meet on twitter with the hashtag #tea as well as on http://www.tearoundtable.com :001_smile cheers! Tony
[email protected]

Scott made a rare appearance on Teachat last night and here is what he said:

Hi...

The website has been launched... we are still working out some small issues so if you do decide to give the site a try that would be great... email me with any issues you encounter. We will be offering freebies all-around on your first order!

The eBay store is NOT down... we were forced by eBay to re-list tons of listings because insurance is no longer optional (it is required by the seller) and handling time should be stated... about 85% of our listings did not have this.... once we updated silly old ebay took about 14 hours to display the new listings in our store. Anyways,... in summary:

1. new site! cheaper prices!
2. ebay store still there...

- Scott

I can tell you that the design Scott uses has been in place for that site for quite some time. I don't see the two as being too similar, and in fact I prefer Steve's site.

I think Hobbes' house has limited storage space available (unless he gets that tea gazebo out back going) :biggrin: !!!

I just got the gazebo / tea-pavilion through initial hearings at the Domestic Expenditure Council of the People's Republic of Wife, so stay tuned!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Hello all -
Yes, Scott's US based site will be in direct competition with me. We have talked about this but came to no successful resolution. That is why I have been actively pursuing other sources and now have 7 or more that I can use for different tea varieties. I will continue to keep my prices extremely low to build and maintain a loyal customer base. I am doing this more for the joy of bringing a fine tea drinking experience to folks than any monetary gains. Good thing too because there are no real monetary gains with my pricing structure!

Last edited:
Hello all -
Yes, Scott's US based site will be in direct competition with me. We have talked about this but came to no successful resolution. That is why I have been actively pursuing other sources and now have a 7 or more that I can use for different tea varieties. I will continue to keep my prices extremely low to build and maintain a loyal customer base. I am doing this more for the joy of bringing a fine tea drinking experience to folks than any monetary gains. Good thing too because there are no real monetary gains with my pricing structure!

I think we all appreciate that Steve. Your pricing is transparent. Have you talked to Gordon? I am sure you have. I like a number of the teas he carries. Interestingly, when I once asked him about information regarding visiting Yunnan, he told me he has never been there, but has heard there is an outstanding amount of tea there :001_rolle

Top Bottom