What's new

Worst song by a formerly good band

Dude, tell me about it. HOW ON EARTH does the same band that wrote "White Rabbit" get to "We Built This City..."-terrain?

My guess would be fewer and/or lower quality narcotics. :lol:

Beerman

LOL...nice one Beerman.
Thank goodness the Grateful Dead didn't make the same mistake. :thumbup1:
(OK, I take that back. I just remembered the last few albums in the late eighties. Ugh!)

Last edited:
I feel ya bro. My wife does that to me almost daily. She starts off by saying something like "I've got that damn <insert name of horrible pop song here> song stuck in my head!"
And then, of course, she proceeds to start singing it.

Ah. Marital bliss.:blush:

This is exactly what my wife does. I've learned to tell her not to share with me. She still tries...aargh!

I'm gonna have to say Metallica is also the biggest disappointment to metal heads. there is nothing after the first half of the black album that is any good. It's like they went to bed, woke up and forgot how to make good music.

Jefferson Starship comes up all the time in lists about the worst music made from a formerly good band.

Only because it's true.

Okay, my addition to the conversation is a little different.

Here you go.

EVERYTHING METALLICA HAS PUT OUT SINCE... WELL INCLUDING THE BLACK ALBUM IS HORRIBLE!!!

I mean COME ON what were you thinking actually putting out St Anger?

If Cliff were still alive they would have never went in the direction they are in now.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Hot Dog - Led Zepplin

How in the world can a mega band like Led Zepplin produce something so campy is beyond me.

I have to agree with the Metallica assessment. They were awesome up until the Black Album, which was ok. I think the success of And Justice for All did them in.

Ok....I'll really fix the Metallica problem here....

Anything they did after Cliff Burton died. Seriously. Do you think Cliff would have ever agreed to "we're off to never never land." OMG LMAO

There. FTFY.

Anything Weezer released after Pinkerton. Went from endearing, unvarnished garage rock to soulless and banal prepackaged pop-punk tripe.

Well, I guess I'm still a little sore about it. :001_rolle

With the exception of a few songs per album (I'm thinking "Heart Songs" and "Miss Sweeney" to name a couple examples), I'm sadly in a state of agreement with you. :crying:

"Say it ain't so" and "The Good Life" literally turned my musical world upside down the first time I heard them. "Beverly Hills" or "Pork and Beans"...not so much. :thumbdown

"Invisible Touch" by Genesis.

It would be a pretty decent pop song if it were by someone else :lol:

(don't tell Patrick Bateman! yikes!)

Last edited:
I was traveling when we built this city was unleashed, every new town that I was in was built on Rock and Roll. I would put that song up as worst song by any band, good or not.
Metallica should do a cover version of it so 'Whiskey in a Jar' could be their second worst cover song.

How about 1980s Who? Featuring Kenney Jones on the drums.

Abomination.

Which is why he was kicked out of the band. Entwisle and Moon aren't even officially out of the band and they're dead. But Kenney Jones? Well he's just dead to me.

It isn't even that he was playing the drums badly, it's just that all he did was sit there and play the same fill over and over again and somehow this made Roger grow a mullet and Pete forget how to write songs for a few years.

How about 1980s Who? Featuring Kenney Jones on the drums.

Abomination.

Which is why he was kicked out of the band. Entwisle and Moon aren't even officially out of the band and they're dead. But Kenney Jones? Well he's just dead to me.

It isn't even that he was playing the drums badly, it's just that all he did was sit there and play the same fill over and over again and somehow this made Roger grow a mullet and Pete forget how to write songs for a few years.

:lol:

Top Bottom