What's new

Worst. Cut. Ever.

Cuts seem to be funny things that just happen out of the blue.

I returned to DE shaving about five or six weeks ago. I had been using Merkur blades in my Futur and having good, close, comfortable shaves. I received my "sample pack" of blades last week, so I changed out a Merkur for a Derby on Sunday morning.

Had a wonderful shave. Monday morning, I took a huge chunk of skin out from under my right ear. Tuesday morning, I put my right thumb down on the blade and got a nasty cut from that. (Think its operator error at play here and not the Derby blade.)

Yesterday and today I returned to "blood-free" shaves. :a14:

Take care and have a good shave.

WaterBoo

How about Tincture of benzoin.

Sure superglue works but its just plain nuts and may not have Sterility.

I'm pretty sure my doctor once told me in an emergency super glue is both an antiseptic and sealant for a wound.

as long as the wound is not gaping and wide open, there shouldnt be a problem.

however, if you held a wound open, and poured super glue in, you may get blood poisoning.

However, if you hold the wound tight and have someone put a small amount of super glue on it, you should be fine.

Its kind of like that "liquid bandage" you can buy at the store.

Cyanoacrylates were discovered in WW2, originally in a search for materials to make gunsights. It failed at this, but by the Vietnam war, methyl-2-cayanoacrylate (superglue) was being tested as a means of stopping bleeding from wounds, to prevent death from blood loss before the soldiers could be got to hospital. It was found to work, and issued as disposible sprays. However, it decomposes rapidly in contact with living tissue, releasing formaldehyde and causing a toxic response. It also tends to heat, and cause a lot of irritation. 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate is now used for wounds, as it decomposes more slowly, and does not pose these problems. I think because he body can clear the decomposition products as they are forming slower, in lower concentrations.
I don't think sterility is an issue, the idea is to hold you together before you get to the field hospital. You'll be on IV antibiotics then anyway.

M

modern man

I did not want to start a debate :redface:

Like I said it would work but we have more items avail.

I never put Superglue in my MOLLE bag.:lol:

Top Bottom