What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

Well got done shaving come down stairs go to make my coffee and check my email and what is waiting but a package from wifes home country 🇨🇦 with a purple aluminum razor inside hahahahahah of course like arrived litteraly 5 minutes after I finished shaving I was like OH BUMMER ! BUT todays rough shave leaves no doubt I want a more mild razor ! So that was a good thing my Ambassador with permasharp was a face ripper 🔥 unlike the ones last few days with the gillette platinum and astra green that were better
(also got 2 more lbs of Josuma Malabar Gold today for those espresso folks a good day !)

excited to start comparing the mild razors !!

Side track since like the OP I am newer to this I am trying brushes also (so far just face lather) I have a omega 49 and a viking synthetic(amazon thing) that is really nice and just bought yesterday a Semogue SOC-C5 badger buterscotch handle !
First shave with new Semogue SOC-C5 Badger was awesome ! really loved the feel and size and did a great job with lather and only going to get better as it breaks in ! This is my 3rd brush and now in the lead of my 3 !

AND arriving Fri
a gamechanger 68
A mamaba 53
and a BBS

going to be a super fun few weeks and will keep my thoughts going on this thread

Well got done shaving come down stairs go to make my coffee and check my email and what is waiting but a package from wifes home country 🇨🇦 with a purple aluminum razor inside hahahahahah of course like arrived litteraly 5 minutes after I finished shaving I was like OH BUMMER ! BUT todays rough shave leaves no doubt I want a more mild razor ! So that was a good thing my Ambassador with permasharp was a face ripper 🔥 unlike the ones last few days with the gillette platinum and astra green that were better
(also got 2 more lbs of Josuma Malabar Gold today for those espresso folks a good day !)

Side track since like the OP I am newer to this I am trying brushes also (so far just face lather) I have a omega 49 and a viking synthetic(amazon thing) that is really nice and just bought yesterday a Semogue SOC-C5 badger buterscotch handle !
First shave with new Semogue SOC-C5 Badger was awesome ! really loved the feel and size and did a great job with lather and only going to get better as it breaks in ! This is my 3rd brush and now in the lead of my 3 !

AND arriving Fri
a gamechanger 68
A mamaba 53
and a BBS

going to be a super fun few weeks and will keep my thoughts going on this thread

You got lots of razors on the way! I hope you find one that suits your needs.

AND arriving Fri
a gamechanger 68
A mamaba 53
and a BBS

You're going to love the Henson AL13...in purple or pink or whatever color!

Today I did a head-to-head with the RazoRock Mamba .53 and the ATT Windsor SSM-1 and they were very close! As a matter of fact, I would now consider them equally efficient...8.5/10! However, the ATT was more comfortable than the Mamba...9/10 vs 8/10. I'm a comfort maniac, so I'm probably going to keep the ATT for now. But, for any normal person, I would probably recommend the Mamba over the ATT, because it's like 1/3 the price...$65 vs $185! The only potential deal-breaker for me (so far) is that the ATT handle is too heavy. I have a Timeless Ti handle on the way. Hopefully, that will solve the issue.

Also, I got a brand new custom-made 3D bowl from Hudson Creative Group made by Justin for $38. It is BY FAR the best bowl I have ever used...perfect large size...perfectly designed to create (and contain!) lather. Shout out to sgrdddy_shaves on YouTube for introducing this product on his channel!

Shave Bowl.jpg

All this is sounding like the Mamba 53 is going to be right up your street... No blade feel, no irritation and you'd have to try very hard to cut yourself.

I haven't tried the Henson so I don't know how user friendly that one is (?) but the Mamba is fairly picky with angles and really likes it shallow.

Will be really interesting to see how you find it!
I used the Mamba 53 again. It’s as efficient as the ATT and the Henson but not quite as smooth. The Henson really has ZERO blade feel!

ReckonI will get a Timeless TI and a ATT just so I know :) otherwise I would be so wondering :) ahhahaha

I still would be curious to try a yates ?
A tatara cause they look so cool ! The new adj looks super cool might wait though see what reviews say etc...
Wolfman but not a fan of wait and play the lottery ? But seems like resale is good

Might skip a few nice razors cause of the. Hard to get like wolfman
I think now for me with 4 mild its fine the blades for each then compare the small differences and go to the next I do not mind as I am enjoying this so far :)

and once I get to the point one is like the other I will be happy and then pick the one I like in the hand most and brings a smile to my face

your comment about comfort that is what I am going for :) reckon like you to as why you are using them and trying them all few hundred to me wont break me so rather be happy and try them and know then be wondering that eats me alive ! Hahahah

most likely I should just buy them all now :) and rotate them all for a year
like that blueberry girl from willy wonka DADDY I WANT IT NOW !!!!

cool bowl :) still doing the face lather thing

Quesiton for ya and so what brush are ya using and figuring out what ya like ?

You're going to love the Henson AL13...in purple or pink or whatever color!

Today I did a head-to-head with the RazoRock Mamba .53 and the ATT Windsor SSM-1 and they were very close! As a matter of fact, I would now consider them equally efficient...8.5/10! However, the ATT was more comfortable than the Mamba...9/10 vs 8/10. I'm a comfort maniac, so I'm probably going to keep the ATT for now. But, for any normal person, I would probably recommend the Mamba over the ATT, because it's like 1/3 the price...$65 vs $185! The only potential deal-breaker for me (so far) is that the ATT handle is too heavy. I have a Timeless Ti handle on the way. Hopefully, that will solve the issue.

Also, I got a brand new custom-made 3D bowl from Hudson Creative Group made by Justin for $38. It is BY FAR the best bowl I have ever used...perfect large size...perfectly designed to create (and contain!) lather. Shout out to sgrdddy_shaves on YouTube for introducing this product on his channel!

View attachment 1259261

sir that’s a nice bowl, but those ridges are so protruding I wouldn’t use an expensive badger brush on it. Synthetics and boars should be ok

sir that’s a nice bowl, but those ridges are so protruding I wouldn’t use an expensive badger brush on it. Synthetics and boars should be ok
I only have boar 🐗 brushes but, you’re right... the bowl is not gentle! I prefer mild razors but “aggressive” bowls! It whips up lather like crazy!👍🏻
Now...to find a synthetic brush with enough backbone to handle my 3D brush shredder!😂 Any suggestions?

ReckonI will get a Timeless TI and a ATT just so I know :) otherwise I would be so wondering :) ahhahaha

I still would be curious to try a yates ?
A tatara cause they look so cool ! The new adj looks super cool might wait though see what reviews say etc...
Wolfman but not a fan of wait and play the lottery ? But seems like resale is good

Might skip a few nice razors cause of the. Hard to get like wolfman
I think now for me with 4 mild its fine the blades for each then compare the small differences and go to the next I do not mind as I am enjoying this so far :)

and once I get to the point one is like the other I will be happy and then pick the one I like in the hand most and brings a smile to my face

your comment about comfort that is what I am going for :) reckon like you to as why you are using them and trying them all few hundred to me wont break me so rather be happy and try them and know then be wondering that eats me alive ! Hahahah

most likely I should just buy them all now :) and rotate them all for a year
like that blueberry girl from willy wonka DADDY I WANT IT NOW !!!!

cool bowl :) still doing the face lather thing

Quesiton for ya and so what brush are ya using and figuring out what ya like ?
Try as many as you can. I don’t think it’s going to take you a year to figure out what doesn’t work...although maybe for the top few or the best!
I’m not a brush person like most people around here. I get a good bowl lather with all my brushes...Omega and Semogue...I’ll have to get the model numbers but they’re all boar 🐗!
Now I need a strong synthetic brush 💪🏻

Yeah for sure to try as many as I can

Yates coming the one from west coast with the bonus plate :)

not sure about the return issue since its from WC not yates direct but really for the price again not to worried and think I might end up trying them for a while for sure wont be a year BUT reckon might take a few runs to get the blades dialed in and then come back around as I gain experience etc..

I do think most these I can sell on the forum OR keep them for when my kid starts to shave in a few years and have a nice choice for him to try from so he gets a great start on shaving !
Trying to talk my wife into trying and getting off her disposable but she is a bit afraid :) hahahaha

When I think how much mtn bike tires can run :) this is cheaper than a set of tires ! For perspective hahahahah can you tell I am justifying all this to myself :)

yeah I figured with the feather you had a bad time with it will be interesting to see what I think ?
so personal for sure I have this thing for nice Japan products :) Hawaii life I reckon !

Good razor with a Feather blade only. Ok, maybe a KAI or a BIC, but otherwise it is the mildest of the mild IME.

Beautifully made and a perfect razor if you don’t want anything aggressive.
I’m tempted to try it again...this time with the blade that comes with it 🤔

I love this thread. I went on the same crusade a few months ago, mild and smooth. I settled on the Timeless Titanium SB .68, Henson AL13, Karve SB B plate and the Yates M.

I can’t lie as happy as as I am with these you guys have me wanting to try the Above the Tie SSM. I have an above the tie 2015 S1 that basically never gets used but I’d be willing to try the brand again.

Top Bottom